[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Congress should pass a law re-establishing collection of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: lead_large.jpg (42KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
lead_large.jpg
42KB, 615x410px
>Congress should pass a law re-establishing collection of all metadata, and combining it with publicly available financial and lifestyle information into a comprehensive, searchable database. Legal and bureaucratic impediments to surveillance should be removed. That includes Presidential Policy Directive-28, which bestows privacy rights on foreigners and imposes burdensome requirements to justify data collection.

New Director of the CIA, Mike Pompeo. Agree or disagree?
>>
>>57571415
>Agree or disagree?

Agree, because Americans won't do shit until Big Brother goes full-blown 1984 on them.

Let's not pretend the NSA isn't already cataloging our activities and profiling us based on our online habits. The government coming forward with "new" surveillance measures would just be adding more transparency to the clandestine policies that are already affecting us.
>>
>>57571415
Agree.

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.
>>
>>57571415

Of course not.
>>
>>57571486
>Agree, because Americans won't do shit until Big Brother goes full-blown 1984 on them.

one of the few positive effects that the Trump presidency might possibly have on tech policy is a realization among people and service providers that they need to get serious about privacy, and use protocols and services designed to make surveillance difficult or impossible.

nothing would make me happier than a big surveillance push making something like Signal ubiquitous, and having governmental demands for information met at every turn with "We have nothing to give you".
>>
>>57571572

Even if you believe the government is 100% righteous, don't you worry about them being incompetent? They seem to have a very poor track record with the whole preventing hacks and leaks thing as of late.

You cool with every digital detail of your life being sucked up by Chinese hackers and sold to the highest bidder? All of your whereabouts, associations, relationships, posts, browser history, medical details, purchases, everything?
>>
>>57571643
Trump hates privacy
its to stop the evil terry wrists, he needs to keep those bible grabber votes
>>
>>57571643
>>57571727
>Trump hates privacy
It could be pushed to anti-Trump people as a way of obstructing Trump, in that case.
>>
>>57571572
OK, give me your age, SS number, religion and sexual orientation plz. your bank details would be nice too.

britain just passed a similar set of laws, its only a metter of time before you trumplestiltskins get the same
on the plus side, there are some good VPN deals at the moment.
>>
>>57571776
No, you'll try to steal my identity.
>>
OP here, I forgot to mention that this fella also believes dissidents should be executed so I hope you picked "Agree"!
>>
Disagree. Collection of metadata without a warrant clearly violates the fourth amendment.
>>
>>57572413

No no, we'll just put it into a government database so the Russians can steal your identity.
>>
>>57571776
>Thinks vpns will make 3 letter agencies unable dox via metadata

pleb
>>
>>57572675
Agreed
>>
>>57571643
You need to break eggs to make an omelette. In fact, we should go full China. How do we push them over the edge?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.