[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I got a raspberry pi 3 for my birthday and decided I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1459114429483.gif (2MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1459114429483.gif
2MB, 450x450px
So, I got a raspberry pi 3 for my birthday and decided I'd use it as an audio player with a nice and easy web ui.
RPi3 has bluetooth, so I'd figure I'd just plug it in and connect it to my harman/cuckdon bluetooth only speaker.
Turns out this shit is beyond impossible.
What are some other nice uses for the RPi 3? Or are there any other nice audio players that I can connect through a phone or anything and play spotify through?
>>
>>57559197
why?
>>
>>57560025
Why what?
>>
>>57560058
>Turns out this shit is beyond impossible.
>>
>>57560103
Oh, well, I installed RuneOS which seemed to be one of the best ways to turn the RPi into a good streaming device.
But found out about Max2Play which seems to be a lot better, at least when it comes to connections etc.
So seems to be fine after all.
But originally, the problem was that runeaudio doesn't have BT-support, neither does Volumio..
>>
>>57560205
I know nothing about RPIs. But couldn't you use debian as OS and use the OS to route the sound that way?
>>
>>57560239
Yes, the RuneOS is based on Arch, which does have good BT support, they just haven't added it. Not sure why.

Volumio is based on Debian but they only want to stick to HiFi, so therefor it doesn't support bluetooth (they claim it's not good enough sound).

RPi can't really run full OSes due to.. Well obvious reasons.
>>
>>57560366
So let me get this straight, if you're using a rpi and you're playing mp3 files through the 3.5mm output you can't play that through say bluetooth headphones??
>>
>>57560471
Not with RuneOS nope. Unless you fuck around a lot in the OS. But Max2Play got the support for it it seems. Going to try it out first thing tommorow.
Also plugged in RPi to screen to configure Rune first. But couldn't see the mouse and it was bulky and not very good...
>>
>>57560634
Like I said, I know nothing of rpis, but it sounds like its possible, you may just have to fuck around with it till you figure out how to do it. hope you learn it and write a guide for others. best of luck.
>>
File: P_20161117_221649_HDR.jpg (3MB, 4096x3072px) Image search: [Google]
P_20161117_221649_HDR.jpg
3MB, 4096x3072px
Installed Retropie and loaded it with tons of games for emotion for my niece since she wanted a Nes Classic bit they were sold out everywhere
The case even came with cute little heatsinks for it and a fan to keep it cool while playing PS1 and N64 games

>>57559197
Why not use Raspian?
>>
File: P_20161117_222238_HDR.jpg (3MB, 4096x3072px) Image search: [Google]
P_20161117_222238_HDR.jpg
3MB, 4096x3072px
>>57563693
Also got 2 of these neat Bluetooth controllers for it
>>
Bump?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.