[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SpaceX plans worldwide satellite Internet with low latency,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: photo.jpg (24KB, 349x349px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
24KB, 349x349px
SpaceX plans worldwide satellite Internet with low latency, gigabit speed.

Elon Musk wants to be assassinated by ISPs. So long SpaceX!

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/11/spacex-plans-worldwide-satellite-internet-with-low-latency-gigabit-speed/
>>
gigabit speed at 900ms latency

big fucking deal
>>
>>57557785
>Latencies between 25 and 35ms.
>>
Yeah I'm sure Comcast is going to launch a space program to compete in the satellite internet market any day now.
>>
Gonna find a better way to run our cars
All through the Eighties
'Cause the race is on, we're gonna land on Mars
All through the Eighties
-Manfred Mann
>>
>Everyone dies of cancer because of the strong wifi rays
>>
File: 5806742821.png (31KB, 300x135px) Image search: [Google]
5806742821.png
31KB, 300x135px
>>57557785
Fuck you, I'd take gigabit at 1000ms over this shit any day.
>>
File: Elon_Musk.png (135KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Elon_Musk.png
135KB, 500x375px
>>
>>57558093
FOR FREE
>>
>>57558815
WAIT WHAT?
HOW MUCH FOR UNLIMITED?
>>
>>57557785
Read the article you filthy nigger, the satellites are in a fleet and they're in low earth orbit.
>>
they get enough money from the government, it's about time they started doing something useful
>>
>>57557736
>satellite internet
>low latency
pick one
>>
>>57558919
>its low earth orbit
so still several hundred miles above the ground.
>in a fleet
doesn't mean shit

Google SHOULD be getting back into spreading fibre around unless comcast and TWC want to lobby against it again for their own profits
>>
>>57558977
>so still several hundred miles above the ground.
Compared to several thousands like the ones in geostationary orbit.

>doesn't mean shit

Means greater coverage, reduced downtime and increased throughput.
>>
>>57557736
will it cover africa?
can't wait till africans will be shit posting here for free.
>>
>>57560453
Honestly, that would be awesome.
On the internet they can see what the rest of the world looks like.
>>
5 billion scamming, non english speaking third worlders shitting up the Internet, wew lad this can only be good
>>
>>57557736
>4,425 satellites
That's a massive number of satellites, currently there's only 2,271 satellites in orbit total.
>>
This is how we get into cyberpunk world
>>
>free satellite Internet
>free basic income
>government funded nearly free self driving car
>vr gf
>sex bots
>no h1b pajeets

Wow so many reasons to not kill myself
>>
>>57564433
Where did it say free?
>>
>>57560756
Hahaha, wow, you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>57564475
>create an entire infrastructure to connect the planet
>lock it behind a paywall
>>
>>57564508
Thats exactly how the current internet works, retard. Nothing is free, free just means somebody else is paying.

More than likely what will happen is your subscription fee to it will be used to pay for giving Africa """free""" internet access.
>>
>>57564508
>“Once fully optimized through the Final Deployment, the system will be able to provide high bandwidth (up to 1Gbps per user), low-latency broadband services for consumers and businesses in the US and globally,” SpaceX told the FCC. “Subject to additional development work, SpaceX plans to design and manufacture its own satellites, gateway earth stations, and user terminals.” Home Internet customers would receive a "low-profile user terminal that is easy to mount and operate on walls or roofs."
>consumers, businesses, customers
>>
>Once fully optimized through the Final Deployment, the system will be able to provide high bandwidth (up to 1Gbps per user)
>Each satellite will provide aggregate downlink capacity of 17 to 23Gbps
Won't this get maxed out pretty quick, especially by the time you actually these things in space?
>>
File: 1464788793708.png (7KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1464788793708.png
7KB, 275x275px
Now to see what I'll get first, the NBN or SpaceX
>>
>>57558134
his company makes the quickest accelerating production cars in the world, and they cost as much as your average luxury sports sedan
everything else aside, that's insane
>>
>>57557847
>Comcast
>competing

wat?
>>
>>57564767
hahaha, still thinking that any of us are getting NBN. I admire your optimism.
>>
File: capture(17).png (319KB, 355x365px) Image search: [Google]
capture(17).png
319KB, 355x365px
this guys agenda is pretty much total world domination.... im ok with that
>>
>>57564767
NBN is shit mate, switched from aging copper with 1 dc a week to NBN with 3 dc a day and a totally useless ISP
>>
>>57564798
I mean electric has advantage in acceleration and nobody else is making electric sports cars.
Pricewise it's comparable to gtr, viper, etc which I think are generally faster on tracks.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.