[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

guys, i need to learn GIS and Python in 4 months. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: CCzgaKNUkAEeX2Q.jpg (74KB, 1023x712px) Image search: [Google]
CCzgaKNUkAEeX2Q.jpg
74KB, 1023x712px
guys, i need to learn GIS and Python in 4 months.

I don't know shit about programming or topology. Am I fucked?
>>
>>57546107

How competent do you need to be?

Cause you could learn the basics if you did 6-8 hours a day for 4 months - if you're actually devoted to learning
>>
Yeah you're pretty fucked
>>
>>57546107
python probably pretty easy. unless you're bad at computers and never done any programming.

what the fuck is GIS
>>
>>57546107
python is pretty easy and can be learned to a basic/somewhatintermediate level in about a week or so depending on how much you work

idk what gis is
>>
>>57546210
>>57546163
hmmm
>>
GIS = Geographical information system.
I used some bullshit GIS tool at one point to analyse Pokemon spawns in my town.
>>
>>57546107
>topology

You mean topography
>>
I've learned python in a summer. Probably studied like 3h a day, you won't be an expert on advanced stuff unless you do more than that but you probably don't need to.
You should be able to learn syntax, some libraries, files, and sockets with 3h/day.
I recommend you to go a bit slow because if you try to advance fast you'll forget some of the basic things that you learned before, don't just read it, practice it, try to implement what you've learned everyday.
Just my 0.02 shekels.
>>
>>57546132
>How competent do you need to be?
I need to be able to use Python to make automation scripts for ArcGIS
>>
>>57546736
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekmyWkAP4eI

get started faggot. whether or not you can do it is irrelevant if you have to. you're wasting time.
>>
>>57546311
topology's pretty important for GIS, anon. From the programming side, it's essentially just computational geometry.

>>57546107
I'm a PhD student who used to TA courses in GIS & Python. Chill out, there's a hitton of resources out there.

Get comfortable with spatial thinking, stuff like the DE9IM. If you understand the primitives, all the OGC jargon (clip/merge/dissolve etc) makes much more sense.
>>
>>57546107
If you're a Jew like your pic related you will be fine. Dumb goy would be out of luck.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.