[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I HURT MYSELF TODAY https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Mac Bo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20161117_000027_454.jpg (53KB, 720x779px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161117_000027_454.jpg
53KB, 720x779px
I HURT MYSELF TODAY

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook+Pro+13-Inch+Touch+Bar+Teardown/73480#
>>
File: 1456621334725.jpg (180KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1456621334725.jpg
180KB, 1000x1000px
>>57544991
MACTODDLERS

KUCKED

AGAIN
>>
To see if I still feel...
>>
>actually needing to tear apart the best laptop released in years

Try Harder.
>>
>>57544991

to be fair, if you have an electrical problem you can be almost sure that replacing the one board would fix it
>>
>>57545350
to be fair if anything except the usb-c connectors is broken ,you can be almost sure that buying a new mac book would fix it.
>>
WHAT HAVE I BECOME
>>
>>57545297
>can't tear it down
>good
That's not how it works.
>>
>>57545415
tell me why you need to tear it down
>>
File: grave_spinning.png (115KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
grave_spinning.png
115KB, 640x479px
>>57545404
EVERYONE I KNOW GOES AWAY IN THE END
>>
>>57545464
If you think that this is a computer that will never break, you're stupid and I'm not going to waste my time explaining things to you. If you can't fix it when it breaks, the word that we use to describe that is "disposable", and what that means is that it is literally garbage.
>>
File: 1464846274795.jpg (9KB, 340x191px) Image search: [Google]
1464846274795.jpg
9KB, 340x191px
>>57545297
I get you're probably some le ebin trole hunting desperately for (You)s to add to your global (You) counter but I'll give you the benefit of doubt for one post since there are actual retards who will see this and have registered in their edgy preteen contrarian minds that you're absolutely correct

the whole point of the video is to show how repairable something is, and taking it apart is the only way show what is and isn't replaceable in the event repairs are needed, and how sensitive things are to disassembly. it shows that the device itself barely has many replaceable parts, the biggest offender being the logic board. If that one piece somehow got damaged, chances are you'd have to replace the entire logic board, which would mean replacing the SSD, RAM, T10, AND CPU all together as well, which isn't going to be cheap.

It puts the device pretty far from "best" territory, especially considering the sudden phasing out of every port except for USB-C because Apple is too busy riding the thunderbolt gravy train to recognize that people still use other things. The dongle meme is legitimate for this reason, as if you want normal laptop functionality you'd have to buy a handful of adapters just to continue using some of your devices. It doesn't help that they abandoned frivolous and/or useful things on top of that, like the iconic light-up logo and magsafe charger port that I feel could've been useful if it wasn't strictly bound to Apple's hardware.

In short I could buy something far cheaper that still has all the ports I would need, including a USB-C, that I can at least feel safe knowing that if some hardware fucked up, I wouldn't have to replace a shitton of other parts unnecessarily just to fix one detail. Apple is, and always will be, hardware marked up for their brand recognition and not their quality.
>>
>>57545464
I would bet you $100 that touch bars/power buttons are going to start failing within 1.5 years
>>
>>57545464
My screen cracked when I threw a Rubik's cube at it. I replaced it for $30 because holy shit it was that easy.
>>
>>57545489
AND YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL
>>
>>57545539
>If you think that this is a computer that will never break, you're stupid
And if you believe that you can fix a modern laptop with your 'leet skillz learned from /g/ just because you can get the covers off, you're just crazy enough to try.
Just getting the parts will be a supreme hassle unless you have an "in" at a dealer's.
>>
File: 20161116_201459.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20161116_201459.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
THE DESIRE OF AGES HAS FINALLY COME
BORN TO WALK UPON THAT GOSPEL HIGHWAY

BORN OF A VIRGIN DOWN IN BETHLEHEM
BORN TO WALK UPON THAT GOSPEL ROAD

AND LIFE WOULD BEGIN AT THE TOUCH OF HIS HAND
THE PEOPLE WOULD LISTEN TO HIM THROUGHOUT THE LAND

FOR NEVER A MAN HAD SPOKE LIKE THIS MAN
WALKING UPON THAT GOSPEL ROAD
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.