[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I installed win 8.1 today on two older notebooks both with ssd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: win_8.1_enterprise.png (730KB, 1152x635px) Image search: [Google]
win_8.1_enterprise.png
730KB, 1152x635px
I installed win 8.1 today on two older notebooks
both with ssd

the fuckers cant seem to get updates done, still doing that initial seek.

Did microsoft fuck us on purpose again, trying to push win10 or something?

Problem is that network activity is near zero
so its not like servers are the issue
but one cpu core is at max

is there a solution to this painful long win install?
>>
The solution should seem obvious at this point...

Install Gentoo.
>>
Windows Update mechanism is broken to shit. Just give it time.
>>
There was this other program which downloaded shit from microsoft servers. I used that one instead
>>
>>57542918
I used similar approach
but the moment after you install them
and you search for updates it takes shitload of time as well
even if after all that only few dozens updates left
>>
>>57542210
Honestly at this point you should consider dual booting a distro like ubuntu or any other that's user-oriented. MS is lately screwing their users and they only can do that without consequences because they don't feel any risk of losing customers. Honestly i'm a hundred times more willing to forgive an honest mistake than something pushed on me on purpose.
>>
>Using software not endorsed by the FSF

And you're still trying to be productive?
>>
>>57543120
>Ubuntu
No. Either use ZorinOS, Mint or solus.
>>
>>57543120
I made the switch to Xubuntu a few months ago and I've never been happier.
I have a winsows XP virtual machine going for my photoshop and word. Virtualbox makes sure I do not sacrifice any productivity at all.
>>
Use the powershell version, much faster albeit less control over it.
Should get you over the initial hump anyway then you can purge the shit ones as you see fit.
Nowhere near as bad as when they fucked windows 7's update service to consume a whole gigabyte of ram for no reason, 2GB systems takes several hours to search for updates.
>>
>>57543547
>Windows XP
Does it support the latest ps and word? If not then you're better off using WINE and/or PlayOnLinux. I personally didn't find anything lacking in LibreOffice so I fully switched to it even on Windows 7.
>>
>>57542210
If you manually install some certain updates, the Windows Update will instantly find new updates. I had to do that on my Windows 7 install a week ago. Just google which updates you need.
>>
>>57544671
Supports CS6 and Office 2010 completely unlike wine
>>
>>57542210
It took my newly installed window 7 ~36 hours to find the updates and another ~24 to download.
>Did microsoft fuck us on purpose again, trying to push win10 or something?
looks like it.
>>
File: 1477573443766.gif (55KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
1477573443766.gif
55KB, 900x300px
OP I'm having the same problem. I just put together a new computer and I'm using windows 8.1 and I've tried everything to get it to update. It's been going for two hours with no change at this point.

I've read that installing the OS on a drive that has multiple partitions that it could have registry errors resulting in broken windows updater. I've used both the OS troubleshoot tool and Microsoft's troubleshoot too with no success.

At this point I'm out of fucking options. I'm not buying another key but goddamn I can't update my fucking shit
>>
>>57544762
see
>>57544691
>>
>>57542210
>>57544762
>>57544766
http://wu.krelay.de/en/
>>
>>57542210
Download this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42327
NOTE: turn off your internet connection!
Install these.
These KB's must be installed in the following order: clearcompressionflag.exe, KB2919355, KB2932046, KB2959977, KB2937592, KB2938439, and KB2934018.
And then reboot, done.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.