[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dad said that the latest versions of JavaScript such as ECM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: javascript.png (382KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
javascript.png
382KB, 1800x1200px
My dad said that the latest versions of JavaScript such as ECM 6 means we will soon be able to use apps and do unlimited things with raw technology without having to use an operating system as all modern tech uses JavaScript. Apple, google and Microsoft are outraged and won't let it happen because it would destroy their markets.

Is this true or is my dad full of it?
>>
>>57538079
Does your dad work for JavaScript?
>>
>>57538089
No he's a technical architect and does a lot of shit like SAP and the sort of programming people go to uni and get PhDs for.
>>
>>57538079

Nobody can tell.
>>
>>57538079
The moment when JS will have direct low level access to our hardware will be funny day.

>do unlimited things with raw technology without having to use an operating system
Yea, because OS doesn't watch our
>filesystems
>managing memory
>managing broken drivers
>represents fine model for programmers
>APIs
>and so much more

Sure, the future is emulated JS on emulated JS stack running on compiled on go just in time python code in some big VM on some CPU emulating old x86 via micro-instructions while constantly streaming all data to CIA via Intel just another independent chip on motherboard running its own micro kernel in parallel.

But OS as operating system is fine concept and I don't see it disappearing even in the long future.

>Is this true or is my dad full of it?
You either can't repeat what your daddy claims or he is full of it.
>>
>>57538113
tell your father that he should kill himself.
>>
>>57538079
I think maybe what he meant is that the operating system you use won't matter because js is cross platform. You still need an OS.
>>
>>57538307

>Dude in CS course tells me about JavaScript
>"So what is the flavour of the month JS library?" I mock him.
>"Arch.js" he answers, with an broad smile.
>I wake up screaming, covered in sweat.
>Check internet anway, just to be sure.
>>
>>57538113
Wow grow the fuck up from your >implying
authority language you entitled, self important little shit.
Obviously you posted a paraphrased idea -here- because you're too lazy or stupid to do your research and speak in commendable discussion-focused English.
Go ask properly on stack overflow or you'll never learn how to learn and you'll spend your life as a mindless codemonkey or NEET.
>>
>>57538380
>or NEET.
That's my overall plan. I hate technology anyway, I only use it to pass time while I'm living with my dad. As soon as I move out I'm never using technology again.
>>
Javascript Virutal Machie
just like JVM
Why not?
>>
>>57538284
you kinda can already.
>>
>>57538284
>>57538539
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JavaOS
Can't we make just JavaSriptOS?
>>
>>57538580
nodeOS
>>
>>57538598
too bad it`s just a userland
but they attempt to switch to a JS based kernel too
>>
Your dad is full of it. JavaScript specification has none of that. It's just a language. It won't work without OS.

There is this interesting talk about an OS that has a Javascript interpreter built-in.
https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/the-birth-and-death-of-javascript
But it's more or less fantasy so far.
>>
>>57538296
why did this make me laugh so much
>>
>>57538284
>the future is emulated JS on emulated JS stack running on compiled on go just in time python code in some big VM on some CPU emulating old x86 via micro-instructions while constantly streaming all data to CIA via Intel just another independent chip on motherboard running its own micro kernel in parallel.
Dude, apply for ycombinator seed money NOW. That shit is DISRUPTIVE.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.