[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /g/, started with Android app development recently, made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Sup /g/, started with Android app development recently, made my first app and posted it on playstore, what are some strategies to promote it. It's a cliché root checking app btw, uses a bunch of methods for accurate results though
>>
>>57533137
>what are some strategies to promote it
Clean, well-designed apps that get the job done without too many ads or in-app purchases

Build it and they will come
>>
>>57533151
Can you give me some pointers on where I could have improved? you don't have to download it just check out the screenshots
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=technarcs.rootchecker
>>
>>57533151
And do you guys think it's a good idea to make common apps which are searched a lot or should I try to make unique ones
>>
>>57533193
it's shit t͏bh
throw out the interface and start over
>>
>>57533193
I mean, it looks fine to me, but there are hundreds of root checking tools already so you're unlikely to get many downloads. People here on /g/ shout down material design but it does unify the Android experience in a way your users will expect. I guess my only pointer would be to make the icon fit material design a bit more by removing the gradients, but I think you just need an idea that will fill a need that people didn't know they had. As you do more programming and get better you should get ideas based on your background and how you tend to use devices. If you're anything like other human beings there will be at least one person with the same needs you have. All I can say is that this is a good start and you just can't give up.
>>
>>57533276
Thanks a lot, that was very helpful, I'll keep trying to come up with better stuff. And yeah good idea about icon I guess, I'll give it a more material feel.
>>
>>57533254
Appreciate the honesty lol but yeah I'll try hard to improve, I'm just starting
>>
>>57533137
install gentoo
>>
who is this cock pocket
>>
>>57533193
p o o i n l o o
o
o
i
n
l
o
o
>>
>>57533193
Dark colors makes it feel less approachable. Look at all the most popular apps: bright and colorful. If you do this, don't be obnoxious with the colors. Be simple with a 2 or 3 color scheme.

Text must read well. Black against blue barely works. Notice how your green pops out in the black background? Use that contrast for its readability. Consider both light/darkness contrast and complimentary colors.
>>
>>57536426
Thanks for the suggestions, will work on that stuff, much appreciated.
>>
>>57533137
if you're making stuff that already exists then you'll never get a popular app, make stuff people need not stuff people can already get
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.