[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to 7.1 with desktop computer? Before I begin, I acknowledge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

How to 7.1 with desktop computer?

Before I begin, I acknowledge that I am a complete retard and understand nothing about audio.

I currently have jbl 305s with a scarlett 2i2 and love the setup. But theoretically speaking, how would you get 7.1 audio with a desktop computer?

HDMI from your graphics card to a receiver, right? In this scenario, what is the sound card / DAC? I just want to make sure the mobo soundcard isn't doing the audio converting. It's going to the receiver and using that as the sound card right? In the same way that, in my current setup, the audio goes over USB and is using the 2i2?

Also, would one be considered higher quality than the other (USB DAC + active speakers vs HDMI to receiver + passive speakers)?
>>
>I am a complete retard and understand nothing about audio.
which is exactly why you want to set up 7.1
>>
>>57531132
You need a receiver and set your video player to bitstream that shit. Trying to do it with a bunch of dacs would be retarded, let the receiver handle everything.
>>
>>57531233
i'm not changing from my jbl305s, i love them. i'm just wondering how you would do it. say i want to run my living room entertainment center from a desktop.

nobody has answered this yet... does hdmi from graphics card to a receiver completely bypass the onboard sound card?
>>
>>57531132
Use the HDMI with a receiver
>>
>>57532615
Dude you need more speakers. A 7.1 setup is 7 speakers + subwoofer. Why the fuck would you want to set that up
>>
>>57533670
wtf are you talking about

i have a 2.0 setup and that's all i want

i'm just curious as to how you would properly do a 7.1 setup. it's just me trying to understand a concept, not about me actually doing it.
>>
>>57533850
>>57533670
maybe i should stop saying 7.1, really all i'm talking about is how you would properly connect passive speakers to a receiver and then to your computer. what's the proper way to do this to ensure you're bypassing your mobo soundcard. and my second question is - is this theoretically preferable to active speakers and a usb dac
>>
>using bookshelf speakers with stands instead of floorstanding speakers

Whoever did this needs to be murdered
>>
>>57534483
why? There is already full range speakers at the front along with a sub so all the (omni-directional) bass should be going through them and the couch would just block the lower drivers on the surround anyways. Seems completely functional to me.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.