[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to get a 1080, what's the best one out now? Trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Looking to get a 1080, what's the best one out now?
Trying to figure it out but 99% of the info i can find is all before the FTW even released. Looking at the STRIX and the FTW mainly right now but open to any suggestions.
>>
>>57531086
the two best ones are the msi gaming and the asus strix IMHO
The asus strix runs a bit cooler but runs slightly louder
The msi runs a couple of degrees hotter but is slightly quieter.
Personally pick the one that better matches your system.
>>
>>57531104
Neither, run Zotac Amp! edition
>>
>>57531121
the back plate looks aids
>>
>>57531104
So the MSI cards are good this gen? i was wondering why i haven't heard anything about them as far as 1080s go honestly so i wasn't even considering them. Everything i can find is just talking about evga and asus.
>>
>>57531145
MSI's cards are good every generation desu, at least on the Nvidia side (their 290/290X cards weren't great). Their current cooler is extremely quiet. I have the 1070 Gaming X and it's literally inaudible inside a Define R4, and I'm someone who's OCD about noise. I run my three case fans undervolted to 5V and can't even hear it over them. And despite all that, the absolute highest temperature I've seen is 63 degrees under extended benchmark load (although it is cold here now, if you live somewhere hot it might be higher).

EVGA's cards should be avoided. Their current lineup has major VRM cooling problems, and their "solution" to this has been to push out a new BIOS that cranks the fan speed up. They're also offering free thermal pads, but you have to take your shiny new card apart to install them.

http://videocardz.com/64084/evga-22-geforce-gtx-10-models-are-affected-by-pwm-operating-temperature-issue

As for other brands to consider, Palit/Gainward's JetStream/GameRock/Phoenix cards are supposed to be good too (all art identical hardware-wise, save for the colour).
>>
>>57531474

same here, i have msi 1060 in a define case and its completely silent. very happy with it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.