[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ALERT! Anti-privacy and anti-net neutrality telecom lobbyis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: cost-net-neutrality.jpg (207KB, 636x1415px) Image search: [Google]
cost-net-neutrality.jpg
207KB, 636x1415px
ALERT! Anti-privacy and anti-net neutrality telecom lobbyists are worming their way into Trump's shortlist for FCC commissioner!

AT&T and Verizon are trying to pull a fast one on Trump while he's distracted drinking SJW tears. They've convinced him to appoint an AT&T lobbyist, Jeffrey Eisenach, as the head of the telecom transition team. Eisenach, if you don't already know, is infamous for wanting to hand over the Internet to AT&T, Comcast, and Verizon by abolishing Net Neutrality and Internet privacy rules.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20161109/10362936007/wake-trump-win-isps-are-already-laying-groundwork-gutting-net-neutrality.shtml

Attached pic is Eisenach's vision of the Internet (inb4 pic mentions old brands - this has been the teleco wishlist for a long time).
>>
I don't care anymore. I give up.

I'm just gonna sit in the corner and die.
>>
>>57515996
Well, he only previously said that he was against net neutrality.
>>
>>57515996
t. Paul Ryan
>>
>>57516110

Need to get more politically active. Inform lawmakers. I mean actually get them to understand what net neutrality is - be the dissenting voice so that lawmakers hear from more than just telecom lobbyists.

>>57516323

He said that when conservative talkshow hysteria was branding Net Neutrality as the modern day media "fairness doctrine", which was 100% pure telecom agitprop. Since his stated position was based being fooled by propaganda, it stands to reason he could change his view with enough counter voices.
>>
>>57516411

>He said that when conservative talkshow hysteria was branding Net Neutrality as the modern day media "fairness doctrine", which was 100% pure telecom agitprop. Since his stated position was based being fooled by propaganda, it stands to reason he could change his view with enough counter voices.

He owns(owned) a large stake in NBC/Comcast due to his part on The Apprentice.
Why on earth would he oppose and upset a group he stands to make money, power, and fame from by letting them grow? I know he's no longer with The Apprentice, but that doesn't preclude him from being a stock owner, and having more power within the corporation by playing to the committee.

Trump is just about as "in-bed" with mass media/communication groups as Hillary is.
>>
>>57516466

NBC dropped The Apprentice during Trump's campaign, so that's a non-issue.
>>
Good, fuck the government regulating the internet
>>
>>57516466
>Trump is just about as "in-bed" with mass media/communication groups as Hillary is.

>When someone criticizes Trump, point out that Hillary is no better

Who cares? Hillary isn't a president elect. We're going to have to deal with Trump's retarded policies, not Hillary's. And yes, he's explicitly anti-Net Neutrality.
>>
>>57516499

So you want crony capitalists to regulate it instead via monopoly/duopoly arrangements? Every telecom pushing against Net Neutrality also has successfully lobbied many states into effectively barring any commercial competition. Not even Google with its bottomless pockets is able to compete against them because of the protectionist state laws.

>>57516519
>And yes, he's explicitly anti-Net Neutrality.

He said that after having been successfully rused by Eisenach and pals. There's no reason to think he'd have the same position once fully informed.
>>
>>57516585
>There's no reason to think he'd have the same position once fully informed

Assuming Trump does read his own Twitter, he's been informed several times what Net Neutrality means.

More to the point: Why would you listen to a someone who slams policies he's never even researched for himself?
>>
>>57516960

Considering the volume of tweets he gets on a given day, it's unreasonable to assume he reads more than a tiny handful of what he's sent.

And I don't see any alternative. He needs to hear dissenting voices so that there's not only the swan's song of lobbyists telling him how to make telecoms Great again.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.