[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I'm having internet issues, and I want to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 20161114_110812.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161114_110812.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Hey guys.
I'm having internet issues, and I want to buy a longer coax cable so I can place the router closer to my room.

I tried searching one of Amazon, but I see all of these different coax cables that look nothing like this one (pic releated is what I need but longer)

Does anyone know the specific name of this coax cable? It looks exactly the same on both ends.
>>
I sure hope you're trolling.... The plastic bit at the end is only to help unscrew the cable from the jack. All coaxial should be the same. Just get any rg6 coaxial cable.
>>
>>57512312
If i recall correctly OP the coax is always RG59 or 6 only you should ask for the material the cable is made of.

Theres a cheap non blinded aluminium one that will fuck your shit up and a cat something made from copper with an alumium mesh and other thingis to have less interference.

Or do what i do, ask a cable guy to set you up i payed 10 burger papers and a couple beers to a nice chap and he relocated my router and everything.
>>
Run an ethernet cable to your room and leave the coax alone so you don't insert signal loss.
>>
OP here.
First of all, I'm not trolling.
I suck at tech and I've just arrived to America, I don't recall ever using a coax cable in Israel.

Anyway, I'm gonna get an RG59 or 6, but is the cable female or male? I'm guessing female, right?

And about using a WiFi extender through Ethernet: I bought one and it SUCKS! the internet is so fucking slow and unstable, and that's exactly why I want to just get myself a longer coax cable.
>>
>>57512742
Coaxs signals get far worse over a distance. Ethernet doesn't face this issue (at least over reasonable distances).

Do females have dicks that stick themselves into males?

WiFi extenders suck because they occupy half of your bandwidth before distributing it. Don't use them. If you cannot use a wired approach then use a powerline setup.

>Isreal
Go to bed Goldstein
>>
>>57512852
So you're saying if I use a 35 ft coax cable for the router, the connection will get worse? Just because of the length of the cable!?

Oh fuck you're right, it's just that it's like a really puffy pussy if it's literally sticks out of the wall, I forgot there's a tiny hole in the middle of the plug.

What's a power line setup? I would love to find a solution already cause this internet is shit.
>>
>>57513096
>power line
>>
>>57513142
this only works well if your powerline is reasonably new.
>>
>>57513142
>>57513224
Oh yeah I also tried one of these!

It was also shit.

1. The electricity in my apartment is pretty old, I think maybe that's the reason.

2. Someone suggested I actually use a really long electricity cable extender, so both of the units will use the same wall plug, it also didn't work.

Any ideas?
>>
>>57513473
Oh and btw I need the Internet for my MacBook and my phone, so It has to use wifi.

There's no Ethernet port on my Mac, and obviously no Ethernet port on my phone. They need WiFi.
>>
>>57512742
Shalom god's chosen person. RG-6 is what you need.
http://www.homedepot.com/s/coax?
>>
>>57513757
So you would recommend the coax solution, and not a powerline?
>>
>>57514216
Shameful bump

Again asking if there is any other way to use powerline even though I think the power in my building is old
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.