[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the latest equipment /g/-related shit you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2641b.jpg (895KB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2641b.jpg
895KB, 4608x3456px
What's the latest equipment /g/-related shit you've scored for free, or criminally cheap? I drove forty minutes to pick up a Kenwood receiver with Infinity bookshelf speakers for free!
>>
Disk caddy for my T420, literally for just asking nicely.
>>
File: IMG_1452.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1452.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>57505784

i got a mac air for free because the magsafe charging cable had a broken conductor (yes this a true story)

helped the owner with a few more tech problems and he threw in powerbook g4 that i have for comfy threads.Charger was toast on that one too

i also got given an iphone 6 that had a shattered screen and passlocked - my friends was convinced it was a paper weight - i forced into into retsore and manually upped the .ipsw and the fucker wasnt tied to icloud ! - and activated no probs

2016 has been a great year.... a free macbook air - macbook g4 and iphone 6 also found some nice shure iem's at the park.
>>
>>57505784
How do you hook up your music? 3.5mm input?
>>
I installed solus for free on my thinkpad.
>>
>>57506087
Straight into the terminals/inputs. Although i do use a bluetooth adapter every so often.

I listen to the radio a lot, use a CD Player, and a turntable.
>>
I've been doing really well with audio gear lately. Picked up about 14k worth of audiophile speakers, amps, receivers, etc on Craigslist for about $400 within the last month or two.
>>
>>57506610

op here. I'm excited and all, but im not going to act like scoring gear i want to use for a while isn't a little bit of a burden.

A nearly 50 year old piece of kit is going to need service. And that shit isn't free (i'm technically inclined but i'm not great).
>>
Q8200 processor, ASUS ROG striker 2 formula, cooler master water cooling kit for it.
>>
File: 173110r4gg3yq3usgrsnzg.png (59KB, 421x248px) Image search: [Google]
173110r4gg3yq3usgrsnzg.png
59KB, 421x248px
>>57505784
Cerwin Vega VS-150 Speakers - $30
Luxman L-430 Receivers - $20
Phenom ii x4 940 BE & HD 6870 - $30
>>
mom's friend told me to fix her computer but I didn't because I was too busy playing gaymes. I told her that I couldn't fix it because it was a very very difficult problem and she told me "take it I'm buying a new one" then I fixed it and I got a new pc for free
>>
>>57505988

>I'm a nigger, the post
>>
that receiver is dope. I found an old teac one in a pile of garbage that worked just fine, but it got fucked up in storage between moving.
>>
I bought a "broken" 55" LED tv on craigslist for $20, the guy described it that you can hear sound but the picture doesn't show up. It was obviously just burned out LED backlighting, replaced that for a few bucks and have a new TV
>>
I got a t420s ThinkPad for 50 dollars on eBay.

The guy said the WiFi wasn't working. I have a spare WiFi card sitting around so I bought it and was ready to swap it out and resell it when I realized he had just disabled the WiFi card with the hardware switch.
>>
Picked up a $3500 receiver about a month ago. Guy had lost the pre-in/pre-out connectors and thought it was just broken so he sold it to me for $40. Fixed with a $2 rca cable and it works perfectly now.
>>
Some dude just sold me a acer swift 3 new in book for 100 bucks. And when I mean just sold me I mean like 10 minutes ago. I'm at the bar right now and a black dude walked up and asked if I wanted to buy a laptop. He wanted 500 bucks I said 100 or nothing thinking he would walk away. He just said deal.
>>
>>57507308
>I realized he had just disabled the WiFi card with the hardware switch
same happened to me 2 years ago and I got T520 for 80$
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.