[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just got an android phone for the first time. i hear a lot about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: h7rccu9hzdwzfpfmzi9r.jpg (63KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
h7rccu9hzdwzfpfmzi9r.jpg
63KB, 636x358px
just got an android phone for the first time. i hear a lot about rooting and bootloaders, but what's the best thing to do with this?

i've used iphones for a long while and i'm curious about how different apps are on this thing, along with the customizability. it's just that i also know about horror tales where people bricked their systems and was just curious about how risky it is to do these things. is it better to just run the oem android operating system and go on the already bigger market?
>>
>>57504467
Yeah, rooting your phone is totally the cool thing to do
You are so free with your Android phone, instead of being kept in a walled garden like all the apple sheep

except you'll be running shady binaries from questionable sites to do so, but nothing to worry about, amirite???
>>
>>57504467
Wipe recovery partition and install solus
>>
>>57505445
You have been spruiking solus in several threads. What is it exactly?
>>
OP here. why are the xda forums so unreadable? i have no idea what have the shit says and there's no glossary or FAQ for most of it.
>>
>>57505821
Google
>>
>>57505840
Nice one. Way to killl off a discussion numb nuts
>>
>>57504467
Unless you have a developer device or something with great community support, you shouldn't even bother rooting, let alone a bootloader unlock.

Devices that have good community support still:
>Pixel shit
>Nexus 5/6/5x/6p
>Nexus 7 and 9 tablets
>Galaxy Note 3 and 4
>Galaxy s4/s5/s6
>A few HTC and LG phones
>Various chink phones

I've used Android for a while now. If you don't want every ROM to be poo in loo trash, invest in a Nexus.
>>
Skip iOS and android. The next big thing is Solus.
>>
>>57504626
You do the same thing with iOS. If you want a non-botnet mobile OS with root, install Sailfish.

>>57505821
A mediocre GNU/Linux distro.

>>57505839
XDA has a super shitty layout. Install a third party app or something if you plan to visit often. Or just deal with it when you need it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.