[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my Windows 10 crashed with a bluescreen and now my background

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161113_180523.jpg (744KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161113_180523.jpg
744KB, 1920x1080px
So my Windows 10 crashed with a bluescreen and now my background and mouse wont show up...also WhoCrashed doesnt give me any useful data on drivers.. Any help?
>>
No, fuck off
>>
>>57498945
You are mean
>>
File: geeksquadforce.jpg (31KB, 522x355px) Image search: [Google]
geeksquadforce.jpg
31KB, 522x355px
>>57498919
>Use Active@ Boot Disk
>Run check disk on C:
>Repair any errors
>Boot normally into Windows
>Check event logs or use BlueScreenView
>Uninstall any recent software or drivers
Most blue screens are relating to hardware or drivers.
>>
>>57499030
I already checked the C disk for errors and im using WhoCrashed instead of BlueScreenView..does it matter if I have SMART checking disabled in the BIOS?
>>
>>57499030
>>57499067
Just switched the usb port and my mouse works
Fuck
>>
>>57499096
was just about to say that. my ports do that alot since i have like 5 different MIDI instruments, sometimes i have to just switch them around for it to work again.
>>
>>57499067
SMART is not required, however, SMART does help detect hard drive faults. You can also use the software from the manufacture to check the SMART status at anytime. If you run in AHCI or RAID, you cannot check the SMART status.
>>
>>57499096
So then is your USB port failing?
>>
>>57499142
Just tried plugging a USB into that port and it works.It just wont recognize my mouse for some reason
>>
File: IMG_20161113_182720.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161113_182720.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I installed BlueScreenView and got this now
>>
>>57499174
Ok go to Options > Lower Pane Mode > Blue Screen in XP. With it being hal.dll file, may just need to insert Windows OS disk and select Repair option.
>>
>>57499301
Hal .dll was thw latest one.The forat one was caused by ntoskrnl.exe
>>
>>57499318
The* first*
>>
>>57499318
Correct. ntoskrnl.exe is linked with hal.dll. These are Windows system files that need repaired so the best method for this would be to first use the Windows disk to repair and then check for Windows updates afterwards to make sure all your system files are up-to-date and working properly.
>>
why u just don't check eventviewer anonkun ?
>>
>>57499454
Okay, thanks alot!
>>
>>57498919
>CTRL+F gentoo
>0 of 0

install gentoo
>>
>>57499510
eventviewer is too complicated for me
>>
>>57499544
do you just come on /g/ when you need tech support? also why didn't you ask this in the small/stupid questions thread
>>
>>57498919
I see you have the Windows port of the arc theme.

I'm willing to wager that you mucking around in tweaks and settings Microsoft never intended for you to change is the root of your problem.
Do a system restore to the last one that worked, and if you don't have a restore point, or an install media then get fuckeed
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.