[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The meme is real. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obz RBPwbHKE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Uten navn.jpg (302KB, 1873x1413px) Image search: [Google]
Uten navn.jpg
302KB, 1873x1413px
The meme is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObzRBPwbHKE
>>
This is an intriguiging computing concept that I hope gets developed further. In the box is a laptop dock along with two compute modules - both powered by Atom X5 Z-8350 Cherry Trail processors with 2 gigs of RAM and 32GB of storage. Both have full Windows licenses too.
>>
>>57497774
What am I looking at? What the fuck is this thread even supposed to be about?
>>
>>57497791
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR0u8Ic2i6M

Sorry, wrong youtube video.
>>
>>57497788
I'd buy the shit out of that!
>>
I sure hope they offer a OS-less version so you don't have to overpay for two Windows licenses
>>
>>57497815
>16:9
uh oh! laptop discarded
>>
File: okay prisencolinensin.jpg (26KB, 444x343px) Image search: [Google]
okay prisencolinensin.jpg
26KB, 444x343px
Even though I'm not particularly interested in this product, I strongly support more modular design concepts in mobile devices.
>>
>>57497990
Fuck off autismpad.
>>57497815
No way to replace the eMMC, it's trash.
>>
>>57497969
Manufactures can get a Windows license for free on weak devices.

MS don't want Android to win this market segment.
>>
>>57497774
Pretty cool. They need to work on the design of the laptop part. The screen and trackpad could be improved a lot.
>>
>>57497788
What's the point of having 2 modules ?
>>
Why can't we just do this with our cell phones?
>>
>>57497815
why can't someone create an empty shell of a laptop that I can just hook up to my desktop with wires for bedposting instead of this useless shit.
>>
I think once wireless display technology gets better, this concept will take off. You carry the compute module with you all the time and basically just connect to screens when you want. Your phone would just be a screen, and when you turn the screen on it connects to your compute module, when you sit down at your desk/laptop/pay terminal/refrigerator/television/ sun glasses. It's the future, anons.
>>
>>57498513
We can, look up "the superbook"
>>
>>57498723
Yea, ok, that's shit though.
>>
>>57498734
Of course it is
>>
>>57498764
There's no reason it has to be.
>>
Fuck your Norwegian shit
>>
>>57498701
And you still need to charge it which makes it worse than just connecting normally
>>
So it's a laptop but worse. Sign me up
>>
>>57498871
Do you charge your phone every time you take it out of your pocket? I charge mine at night, don't be so fucking obtuse anon. Plus it's the future, so it would get a trickle charge from movement.
>>
>>57498723
>>57498734
>>57498764
>>57498768
it will be shit until smartphones get an HDMI port witch will be made possible by USB type c
And look up "Gentoo RAP"
>>
>>57499421
No, it'll be shit until you can get a legitimate docking connector onto phones.
>>
>>57497815
>>57497774
Fucking love the concept, but with the mobile processors.. I cant bring myself to bother.
let me bring my 6700k on the go, and Id buy the shit out of it.
>>
Right now it doesn't look any better then a chrome-book. But with improvement, to everything it can be viable.
>>
Computers are trivially cheap, so I don't need a notebook with a swappable "computer" to use on something else.

If I want to swap OS hard discs, I can use a Thinkpad with a drive caddy, and another Thinkpad or Thinkpad in a dock which fits that caddy, and swap drives easily that way. Linux gives no fucks about boot drive swapping.

A notebook body and a desktop dock system which takes smartphones would be handy as phone ergonomics extenders though, but again isn't even close to critical. My phone sits in a RAM holder next to my bluetooth keyboard, but I don't usually connect it to a monitor since no need.
>>
I hope the future will be more like renting some computing power along with some cloud space and having all your devices be just empty shells. Seems viable if Internet coverage gets better.
>>
>>57502692
you can also just use any old pc or laptop and run linux as a bootable os from a usb flash drive, just plug it in and turn it on
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.