[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /g/. I come to your help. A good friend of mine recommended

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Hello, /g/. I come to your help. A good friend of mine recommended me for a Linux SysAdmin job. I'm going to the interview in around one week, and I'm terribly nervous. I am decently proeficient in Linux, at least in my opinion, I can work in the terminal, code a bit in Bash and Python, do shit like kill pid, simple commands like alias, cat and what not. What should I really know for this kind of job? My friend told me that I should get a better understanding of how different internet protocols work and how to set up a mail server, which seems simple enough. Help me, /g/, I would love to land this job.
>>
>>57496306
Shit senpai, I know this too. Can I be a sysadmin?
>>
>>57496306
Networks
>>
>>57496370
I don't know, my friend, who is a Network Admin told me that I'd do alright.
>>
>>57496375
Can you be a bit more specific, please?
>>
>>57496394
How the internet works
>>
>>57496306

burn through these guides 24/7 until the day before the interview

http://linux-training.be/

https://debian-handbook.info/

also look up how to install/uninstall/configure shit like apache, nginx, php7, mysql, mongodb, the usual development stacks.

then masturbate, get a good sleep, and you're good to go.
>>
Shit nigga I know much more and still I don't have the confidence to apply for a job.
>>
Learn the network stack and what tools to use to debug each layer.
Learn how to setup DNS, mailservers, encryption and how to configure ssh.
Learn iptables.

If you don't currently have a job, you can do this in a week.
If you do, spend as much time on what you fear the most.
>>
>>57496306
What scale of network are you applying for?
>>
>>57496532
Also loadbalancers, router/switch/hub, muh raid and firewall.
>>
>>57496585
Might as well throw in basic virtual machine stuff as well and then do all that shit on the vm.
When you're finished you can keep your abomination or just delete it, no mess.
>>
>know network fundamentals (working on CCNA)
>know basic linux like OP
>know LAMP
>Known how to configure dns and mailservers
>have successfully operated a small web server with project done in laravel

How would I do in an interview?
>>
>>57496992
Oh forgot
>proficient in vmware
>>
>>57496992
Depends on whether you actually know that stuff. Lots of people have impressive sounding resumes, but five minutes into the interview it's obvious they just put down "proficient at" for every online tutorial they've ever followed, and don't actually understand anything about what they're doing.
>>
>>57497087
To be honest, I know the stuff but I lack routine. The only one I said I was proficient in was vmware. Assuming I know the shit I listed, how would I do? A friend recommended learning about docket and puppet.
>>
>>57496370
sure thing buddy, heres the root account and a list of all sensitive information. Make sure its safe, oh and also can you set up the new wifi?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.