[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the YoutTube UI is so fucking garbage? Google is multi-billionaire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

Why the YoutTube UI is so fucking garbage? Google is multi-billionaire but can't pay someone to design a decent site.
>>
what? you think you can do a better job faggot?
>>
>>57492629
What's garbage about it?

>open it up
>search what you want in the easy to find search box
>enjoy your video
???
>>
>>57492647
i agree, it's pretty minimal considering it's google
>>
>>57492629
if you want to avoid the side, you can export your subscriptions as a list of rss feeds, open them in your rss reader of choice, and then download the videos using youtube-dl.
>>
>>57493130
Yeah, but that's autistic
>>
https://github.com/trizen/youtube-viewer
>>
the UI on every Google page is shit. just look
>Google plus
>groups
>news
>>
>>57492629

>>57486328
>>
File: 1478596693929.png (1MB, 1920x970px) Image search: [Google]
1478596693929.png
1MB, 1920x970px
>>57492629
YOUUUUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUUUUUUUBE
>>
File: yet another yt layout change.png (758KB, 1573x657px) Image search: [Google]
yet another yt layout change.png
758KB, 1573x657px
>>57492629
Do you mean the current one, or pic related?
>>
>>57494855
>material yt
hot af tbqh phams
>>
>>57494770
>>57494855

>Not using black theme
>>
>>57495510
Elaborate
>>
It really is a hard decision to make who's website looks shitter Facebook or YouTube
>>
Even Android's UI (and UX for that matter) is trash. Material design feels like a step backwards.
>>
Is there any product that is competently designed nowadays? I feel like all the actual research in visual interfaces and human-machine interaction has been thrown in the bin in name of aesthetics.
>>
>>57493643
at least i don't have to visit the website everytime i want to watch a video
>>
>>57494770 >>57494855
They should've made the top bar red
>>
>>57492629
Use stylish if you think you can make it better instead of complaining here
>>
>>57492629
You ain't seen nothing, the biggest pizza chain in my country has a website so shit that it calculates the cost of your order for half a minute (and everything else runs smoothly, so it can't be because there's too many people using it).
>>
I think it's the best web UI I've ever seen.
>>
Because it's made by Indians who have incompatible aesthetic views with the Western world when it comes to design.The guidelines provided are supposed to be easy to follow and simple so that any software engineer can use Material Design. Many apps are made by small studios made up entirely of programmers with no budget for design. Material design being clean, simple, modern, and easy to follow with with clear logical goals allows pretty much anyone to design decent looking apps around it without having to fuss too much. These simple guidelines also promote visual continuity among native and non-native apps. As designers it's easy to pick it apart and be critical of it, and rightfully so because it's pretty much made to bypass or subvert every designer's job.
>>
>>57495788
>It really is a hard decision to make who's website looks shitter Facebook or YouTube

Mostly since I have never been to Facebook.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.