[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>window 7 >windows update stopped working a year ago >it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

>window 7
>windows update stopped working a year ago
>it's always stuck at checking for updates
>try every single guide on the internet of how to fix that piece of shit
>nothing works
>ubuntu
>sudo apt-get update
>it just works
>>
>>57476632
just install win 10 like a good goy
>>
File: 1449852474438.jpg (132KB, 391x311px) Image search: [Google]
1449852474438.jpg
132KB, 391x311px
>>57476632
>Windows 7 updates are absolute dogshite, barely work, and sometimes never succeed.
Imagine how many gigawatts of energy have been dumped into PCs running leaking update processes, blasting core 0, and not even hooked up to the internet.
>Windows 8
Why update?
Why even install this shit?
>Windows "rolling release" 10
Enjoy your mandatory updates. You have 15 minutes.

Ah, I see you're back.
Mind the increased boot time, we're rehashing the entire contents of your HDD.

Broke something? Too bad.

Glad I switched to Debian.
>>
>>57476632
There's literally no reason to use Ubuntu as your first distro now that Solus exists.
>>
>>57476782
>solus
Hey, that's looks pretty good, I think I'll try it.
>>
>>57476632
>stuck at checking for updates

Solution:
>open cmd
> type "net stop wuauserv"
>install KB-whateverthefuck that the guides tell you to

The reason all of the manual KB installs fail is that Windows checks for updates online first, for whatever reason. Disabling wuauserv stops this from happening and lets the manual install proceed normally.
>>
>>57478726
Why should I have to do this?

Why should I have to install the servicing stack update, two convenience roll ups, and hope that updating *might* (sometimes it's still broken) work after suddenly breaking when Windows 10 was released?

Windows is fucking insufferable. If it weren't for the software library, there would be no reason to use it.
>>
>>57476632
Why the fuck would you WANT updates, anyway? They only serve to slow down your PC, so you go out and buy Windows 10 and are amazed at how fast it is, when really it is significantly slower than a fresh install of Windows 7. Feels good only having the service pack as an update :^)
>>
>>57478815
Why are you updating windows in the first place though? Just turn updates off altogether.
>>
>>57478884
>turn off updates
>get 'sploited from all the fuck ups at Microsoft Corp

If you unironically suggest disabling critical security updates, I don't know what to say.
>>
>>57478835
delete this post and write better bait before you come back and try again.
>>
>>57476632
Windows update is shit, but so is apt-get.
>>
>>57476632
>apt-get
>not using apt and getting a pretty progress bar
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.