[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought my rx480 and noticed this. Can i change the firmware to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: received_10210853965735621.jpg (189KB, 1020x1812px) Image search: [Google]
received_10210853965735621.jpg
189KB, 1020x1812px
Bought my rx480 and noticed this. Can i change the firmware to unlock the rest of the 4gb?

Also. Freesync. Does it worth it? Im about to buy a monitor with it to pair up with my rx480.
>>
>>57470795
Check out Gamer's Nexus' video about unlocking the rest of the VRAM.

IIRC you could but I'm not sure if they fixed it already.
>>
I thought only the reference models were firmware locked
>>
You're gonna have to physically count the RAM modules to check that it has 4GB.
>>
>>57470924

4 and 8gb have the same number of chips, that's how bus width works after all. Op has to check if they're 512mb or 1gb ones
>>
>>57470795
lol
>>
>>57470942
Ah I didn't know that. Thanks for the correction.
>>
>>57470795
The Nitro is a dual BIOS card, so you have absolutely nothing to lose by trying to flash it to the 8GB version. Just back up the current one with GPU-Z first so that you can flip the switch and flash it back if things go bad.
>>
>>57470795
AYYYYMD ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>Buys a 4GB
>Receives 8GB
Good Guy AMD
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.