[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anything REALLY compete? Especially with these apps : >Google

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: google-apps-logo.png (18KB, 1024x625px) Image search: [Google]
google-apps-logo.png
18KB, 1024x625px
Can anything REALLY compete?

Especially with these apps :
>Google maps
>Gmail
>chrome
>Google play store
>YouTube

Not even memeing here, I use my phone almost 24/7 and I constantly travel, I can't see myself without these essential apps, especially Google maps.
>>
>>57469488
>>Google maps -bing maps (no street view)
>>Gmail :too many e-mail services that are better or the same
>>chrome :firefox(shut up!)
>>Google play store :nothing like it in size
>>YouTube:nothing like it in size
So just google play store and youtube.
>>
>>57469646
Is bing maps really up to par with Google maps?
GPS, navigation, finding tiny stores in rural areas?
>>
>>57469488
Not to anything resembling the same combination of breadth and depth no. And, because of the integration, the single apps and services that come close or are slightly better end up being worse overall — the full package together works incredibly well.

I think that most of the botnet memeing is greatly over exaggerated. Yes, you should be cautious and not put much overly private stuff up there, but I think that Google is a pretty good company overall. That and if they ever overstep the shitstorm will be legendary and they're well aware of that.
>>
File: 1477941123169.jpg (77KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477941123169.jpg
77KB, 960x960px
>>57469712
I hate the kids on /g/ crying about privacy, everyone thinks he's being tracked and spied on, literally sjws thinking they're special snowflakes.
>>
>>57469488
>Not even memeing here, I use my phone almost 24/7 and I constantly travel, I can't see myself without these essential apps, especially Google maps.
People successfully ran their lives before smartphones and before Google. Even very busy people.

>>57469712
>That and if they ever overstep the shitstorm will be legendary and they're well aware of that.
They already have a complete record of your browsing history if you use Chrome. (Chrome phones home to Google for every URL you visit as part of the SafeBrowsing checks) They know every search you've ever made. Every email you've ever sent or received. This is all tied to your real-life identity. They know who you are, where you live, who you associate with. Carry an Android phone and they have a complete record of everywhere you've gone with it. They never forget any of this information, it's stored forever.

Even if Google isn't doing anything evil with this information now, I think that's just plain too dangerous. No one company (or government) should have that much information on someone, let alone huge numbers of people, because even if the chance of misuse is small, that misuse would be utterly disastrous.
>>
>>57469925
You're literally no one to them you dumb fuck, who's gonna waste storage space on you?
>>
File: 1477761820643.jpg (391KB, 2794x1871px) Image search: [Google]
1477761820643.jpg
391KB, 2794x1871px
>>57469925
Source?
>>
>>57470030
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/02/09/opinion/ghitis-google-privacy/index.html
http://www.siliconvalleywatcher.com/mt/archives/2010/03/google_keeps_yo.php

these are old articles. they probably have a lot more by now.
>>
>>57469730
>everyone thinks he's being tracked and spied on,
We are.

Just because that data is only seen by machines doesn't mitigate the fact. I'm not special, if it was just me being spied on I wouldn't even mind, I object to the wider social implications of a panopticon.
>>
>>57469488
I use Cromium and Google maps. I have a Gmail for personal use but I use a custom email application that I've built to suit my needs. I use a company email for work. YouTube and the play store are hot garbage.
>>
>>57469987
What if it's not so much about the individual, dude.
What if it's about the collective human society.

You know exactly what society collectivly think. If they believe your lies, if they don't.

It's literally 1984 with a camera and a big eye in your living room. Except, it's even worse.

Think bigger, it's not about the individual criminal, it's about everyone.
>>
>>57469488
>Google maps
OsmAnd or anything else. It works offline, which immediately makes it superior.
>Gmail
There are dozens of other equally good services. You're obviously memeing, but I'll continue.
>Chrome
Firefox. It has much MUCH better settings and is faster on a lot of phones. Opera is also a viable option, so is chromium.
>play store
Aptoide, f-droid. Although they aren't as massive, but they do include lots of useful apps too (especially f-droid, although it's limited to FOSS). If you're a developer you'd definitely earn more money on play store instead of aptoide, but since you're a consumer Aptoide is a perfectly good alternative and has no restrictions.
>YouTube
As an app, newpipe is much better unless you're one of those people who want to comment and rate videos on your phone. Personally I like newpipe because I never log into Gmail for anything other than reading my mail. There are also a few other YouTube app alternatives, but since I don't need comments I just stuck to newpipe.
>>
>>57470101
This,

Just imagine, an evil person gets to be president or something. Imagine it's Hilary Clinton. (We already have an evil lying government, so this actually already the case)

Now you can hold everyone in check who thinks different. Not who think wrong or have criminal thoughts. No, just who think different, maybe they are good people, but their thoughts differ from what the evil lying government believes in)

So people know, they are spyed on and they already start censoring what they say in their head. Just because they KNOW everything is recorded and saved.

Everyone trys to do as the government wants it, even when he knows in his heart, that what the government does is wrong, in every way.

If the government is evil and they want to ger rid of all the good people. Now they can. And if you don't want to get imprisoned or killed, you have to become evil yourself, or die trying to stay good.

What the government wants is not always what is right. What is right, is not always what the government wants.
>>
>>57470266
Google also supported Clinton the whole time. Censorship was running rampant across all social media platforms including Google (Evil Corp).
>>
I use Google search, Maps, youtube all the fucking time. I like Google's image search the best, and I like the functionality of the questions. Like google, "How tall was Yuri Gagarin?" and you get 5'2 without having to click any other shit (making Alan Shepard the first real man in space)

I do have a gmail account tied to my real name that is my go to "professional" email, but 99 pct of the time I am logged into my John Smith account for things like calling people nigger in youtube comments

My web browsing habits are pretty set, I have my rotation of pages and stick to that mainly. If I am curious about something like a band or politician I will google that and usually the Wikipedia link is right there towards the top

I don't get the paranoid hate of Google on this site. Sure, it's not smart to look up cheese pizza or sick fetishes or terror plots in Google if you aren't behind 19 proxies on TOR in a mudhut on a private island, but that's your problem

if you like the internet, you should respect Google as a company and as an innovator, they make shit happen
>>
>>57470284

I am a lifelong republican, i don't give a shit if my search engine supports clinton, don't be a fucking SJW we won
>>
>google always has humble beginnings with all of their products
>anyone can compete with them
>they never actually trying to one-up google and always just stall or completely back down
>people now complain google is too amazing apparently, and look over the fact that when google does lose out on a field, they lose tremendously
*shrugs*
>>
>>57469669
There are still open, downloadable maps for different states and regions. It's doable. It basically makes your phone a database for offline maps akin to a car GPS system.
>>
>>57470346
>pretending to be retarded
Mass censorship on the platform on the topic of too big too much for one company. Company is one of the biggest lobbyists and has been influencing the white house on the record.
>botnet is fine gais
>nothing to worry about
You need your H1B revoked and get the fastest boat back to your shit village. Go POZ it up with your fellow subhumans.
>>
>>57470376
>being this triggered
take your meds 2bh
>>
>>57470376

you're crying about the botnet while using the internet on a mainstream site that uses google analytics

pretty sure you're the one pretending to be retarded

go to google and search letters like "g" "x" "b" see what the front page results are if you think 4chan is some kind of safe space. while you're there, search for psychiatrists in your area because you're a paranoid schizophrenic and need help
>>
>>57470438
TOP KEK mate
>>
>>57470438
Still you can be conscious about how you use the internet. It's not about being a super private secret agent, ti's about being conscious.
>>
>>57470438
2bh this is probably the hardest anyone has gotten shut down on /g/
>>
>>57470243
can you list better services than Gmail?
>>
>>57470736
protonmail is pretty nice :3
>>
>>57470746
>trusting the shabak
Haha
>>
>>57470761
*shrugs*
>>
>>57469488
I literally just bought a chromebook to use as my main pc. Google has got everything that I need.
>>
>>57469488
No (Detail and directions), Yes (Features as a phone app)
No (Throw away trash accounts), Yes (Everything)
No (Speed), Yes (Features)
No (App selection), Yes (Options)
No (Variety in videos), Yes (Security and enhancements)
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.