[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /g/ I have a problem. My computer takes forever to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0437.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0437.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Alright /g/ I have a problem.

My computer takes forever to start, and while it's doing so my computer makes different "buzzing" sounds that might be coming from the hard drive. This is all that shows on my monitor, but I know the monitor works fine as it's able to show the AOC logo etc when starting.

Pic related
>>
>>57468727
Nice taskbar.
>>
>>57468727
Buzzing could be coils in your GPU resonating because something has broken and they are getting dirty power. Roll a piece of paper into a long thin cone, wedge the thin end into your ear and pan around the gubbins of your PC to isolate the source of the noise first. I call GPU simply because your graphics are fucking out. Does your motherboard have onboard gfx you can fall back to for testing?
>>
>This is all that shows on my monitor, but I know the monitor works fine as it's able to show the AOC logo etc when starting.
are you absolutely sure?
have you tried the monitor on other equipment?

this looks like a moderately rare monitor issue from the photo, and can be a source of noise when it's happening
>>
>>57468879
The bios logo is being shown. It's the hard drive. I can't tell what is satire anymore. Sorry.
>>
>>57468908
That does not mean your card is not fucking out once a driver loads and starts to run it at full throttle, this could explain the delay during boot as well. Driver fucking around with modes trying to work out what the card is up to.

So we have gone from "Might be the HDD" to "is the HDD?" Swap in a new one, and hope your data has survived. Try running Macrium Reflect from a bootable thumbdrive and taking a snapshot of your current partitions first, then restore them to your new drive.
>>
>>57469356
>My computer takes forever to start
I can read and do simple maths.
>>
>>57469379
I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

Whatever man, good luck.
>>
I'm not sure if you tried but you should install gentoo
>>
>>57468727
The buzzing and long boot times sound pretty similar to when my hard drive died, except for the weird screen artifacts. But, I do tend to get random shit that was in my framebuffer (VRAM?) before my drivers have fully loaded on Linux, so I would guess that it might just be whatever's sitting there until your OS starts talking to your GPU.

First, you should back up anything important in case it is your hard drive, since those fuckers will just go without warning.

Next, I'd take out your GPU and/or disconnect your fans to see if you still get buzzing on boot. If you don't have onboard graphics you'll have to rely on sound, but fans and HDDs are the only things that buzz. I really doubt that GPU issues would cause a hang, though.

If the above doesn't change things, then its your drive.
>>
>>57468727
>>57470616
Running a drive repair tool is also a good way to tell if it's fucked, but that's what finally killed mine so save your shit first.
>>
>>57468727
Had something similar. Was the hard drive.
>>
>>57468908
god you're fucking stupid. What it takes me a couple seconds to take out my GPU and you're too lazy to do that to check it you dumb fuck
>>
>>57468727
this is how scandisk looks when you have /nogui boot enabled on windows machine
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.