[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an interview for an entry level security analyst tomorrow.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1449891845428.jpg (43KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1449891845428.jpg
43KB, 1024x768px
I have an interview for an entry level security analyst tomorrow. All I have is my Security+. What the hell should I expect?
>>
fizzbuzz
>>
Do you have experience?
>>
>>57467460
It's entry level, they knew all my experience was academic before interviewing me.
I've been told they're looking for someone more passionate than experienced.
>>
>>57467481
Do you have personal projects demonstrating your passion?
>>
>>57467492
Other than my home server, no.
>>
>>57467498
Then you're going to be bullshitting your way through the entire interview if you want to have any chance at it. Hope you're a smooth talker
>>
>>57467481
Do you have a degree?
>>
>>57467460
I take that back, I worked for a government tech job for a year and saw a lot of how their security operated.
>>57467545
No, I have 3 certifications and intend to get more.
>>
WTF
Doesn't that guy knows you should NOT drink bleach!?!
>>
I don't even know what a security analyst does

do you even passionate about that?
>>
>>57467557
The certs show people you're serious, which is a strong plus. And it's good that you've had one tech job before.

Entry-level can mean a lot of things, though. What are the job responsibilities?
>>
>>57467648
No fucking clue, it was internal referral through a recruiter, I can't find a job listing anywhere.
>>
What does your personal lab look like?
>>
>>57467481
Passionate means will perform and learn the work of senior level at lower pay and higher hours
>>
>>57470660
Lol, but could lead to a good carrier if the company isn't shitty and you decide to stay
>>
Do you have one of those certs that disappears after 3 years or did you manage to sneak in at the last minute in 2011 and grab the perma-valid ones?
I'm not resitting that boring shit again.
>>
>>57467562
Haha it's probably replaced with water or something like that :^)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.