[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Surface pro 4 is on sale at best buy for $600. Is it good tablet/laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Surface.jpg (15KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
Surface.jpg
15KB, 590x332px
Surface pro 4 is on sale at best buy for $600. Is it good tablet/laptop thingy for school, and is the price worth it? It is a 128gb storage version and comes with the keyboard.
>>
You can buy a decent 13 inch laptop for 600 dollars. Consider which you'd rather have.
>>
>>57466829
It depends on what courses you take. Being able to write on it as a tablet while still having access to a desktop OS is great if you're a science/maths student, since you can take notes on the touch screen and still use Mathematica/Matlab/etc. If you have a desktop the storage size doesn't matter since you can just transfer files.

Bonus points: If you have a desktop that also runs Windows it can use the tablet as a second monitor. Set it up vertically and you've got a great screen for reading code/pdfs/etc.
>>
Depends on the classes you take.
If you're dealing with math or basically anything that needs non-standard characters on a keyboard (integral symbols, writing fractions, architecture planning, etc) then being able to write and store notes that way is fantastic. Plus it's light and small.

But if you're not, then it's not really any better than any other ultrabook
>>
Thank you guys, I am going into a science (most likely geology), but I will check for ultrabooks.
>>
Oh yeah, I forgot my price range is up to $1,000
>>
>>57466951
Trying to decide between it for my engineering + math courses or getting this
https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GS73VR-6RF-Stealth-Pro.html#hero-overview

b/c it would provide all the gaymen I could want + supposedly muh thin enough to be portable for doing werk
>>
>>57466999
People will laugh at you if you bring that thing to class.
Just get the Pro 4 and build a proper desktop later. Just like >>57466934
said you can double purpose the surface as a monitor when you're at home.
>>
>>57467032
I see gaming laptops all around me, even 17 inch beasts. Perfectly sociable normies use them.

No one gives a single shit. Especially since these are all engineering classes.

Also I would have to almost completely replace my desktop parts, mobo/cpu is XXX series Intel though the R9 290 isn't bad that would need to convert to a 1070 or 490. Case will be necessary too to have a smaller form factor. So a laptop may knock out two with one, at the very least being more powerful than the current desktop.

Though I still like the Pro 4 or even better surfacebook because of the productivity + portability + savings.
>>
>>57467960
get a surface, desktop and slate is a better combo then laptop and tablet. having a desktop is good for eng because you can get more screen space, great for coding cad and having notes open at the same time
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.