[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/ I'm in a buying dilemma. I can't decide between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: pixlr.jpg (622KB, 1312x2048px) Image search: [Google]
pixlr.jpg
622KB, 1312x2048px
Hi /g/ I'm in a buying dilemma.
I can't decide between form factors. I was planning on getting something with some extra power to try something new but am still drawn to that sexy small and portable ultrabook meme (past 4 laptops were 13").

I will use it mostly for photo editing
and illustration (maybe a occasional video) and some light coding. The main reason I was looking at "bigger" devices is screen size and guts (muh sporadic gaymin).
The max budget is 1000$.
>>
Buy the first one if you're keen on protecting your virginity
>>
>>57458602
Not a man child, was just thinking gpu would come in handy if I wanted to expand into 3D modeling and CAD
>>
>>57458646
nigga I do CAD and 3D on a T420 iGPU. Unless you need to render shit all the time you don't need monster GPU
>>
>>57458646
buy a desktop for real CAD work.
>>
>>57459160
That's good to know. Can modern iGPUs handle something serious like MAYA and Ae? I'm completely out of the loop (last time I bought a new laptop was 5 years ago)
>>
>>57459234
I'm looking into that too but for now my job doesn't require using CAD daily (but am planning to switch careers) and I have to have a laptop since I travel and have to make on the spot changes don't trust anyones shitboxes)
>>
>>57459247
they do, everything works fine except rendering is going to take ages, so get a proper desktop for that
>>
>>57459420
Ok. Guess I'm going for the small shitpost station with thunderbolt 3 and hope nVidia step their eGPU game up. Until then I'll try to figure out the desktop situation out. Thanks for the input guys!
>>
>>57458575
Keep the fuck away from the Y series. They are built like shit... they die within a year of purchase. Mine has had to have the monitor, hard drive, and memory replaced, and my dad's had it's heatpipe melt. Get litteraly anything else.
>>
>>57461008
>Keep the fuck away from the Y series
This. Would like to add that pretty much all gaming laptops are guaranteed to fry themselves within three years. Also, never, ever go for MSI. Their build quality is almost as bad as their customer service. Neither are as bad as their cooling.
>>
>>57461087
nothing like molten copper heatpipe spilling into your cpu socket. On the bright side i was able to take it and salvage the panel... homebrew monitor here i come.
>>
>>57461137
Copper melts at one THOUSAND degrees celsius. If it really did melt, then the whole thing probably would have caught fire.
>>
>>57461168
im not convinced it was copper. Tbh im not sure what material it was ... i'll post pics when i get home.
>>
>>57461168
aand the battery did swell. Not the point tho, the point is stay away from those chinkshit gaming laptops.
>>
>>57461087
>Not op
As a Owner of a SLI Y510P. (I paid 400$)

Year 2 and key paint is starting to fade.
Bios is shit
Ultrabay GPU goes to 90+ degrees when gaming
Leneovo hardware kikelist.
You have to completely shut down to remove second GPU.
Touch pad is the worst.
Arrow keys are shit and not separated like a normal keyboard
Lasts for maybe 2 hours on battery.
If a game doesn't support SLI you are fucked with the gt 755m's.
>>
>>57458575
if youre doing anything graphics related, dont torture yourself with a 13" screen, this size of laptop if only meant to be ultra-portable. Dont even go for 15", get a 17", and not a childish gaming laptop but something like this:
http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NX.GG7AA.001
which has great specs and is way under your budget
>>
>>57461205
Probably water or ammonia anon.
>>
>>57461326
>17"

Why even bother with a laptop at that point?
>>
Get a HP Spectre
>>
>>57461870
this is marketing logic that shills use:
>OMG?? the specs on that laptop are TOO HIGH!!! please stop!! only use a deskop for this, go back to your mini-thin-ultralight-touchscreen-clambook
>>
>>57461870

Underage pls leave
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.