[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does WD My Cloud not violate any terms of service? The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

How does WD My Cloud not violate any terms of service?

The little home cloud stores your files and you can access the unit from anywhere in the world with the link. Share it to someone and they can access the files and download them from the box...

If I were to set up a server and host the files off my home network, and share the link with other people, I would get calls from my ISP telling me that I need business broadband and hosting a website or files on my network is against the terms of service

How does WD avoid the legal issues?

http://mycloud.com
>>
>>57442098
*were not responsible for how people use our service blahblahblah some countries blahblahblah contact your isp for more details blahblahblah

dont worry your pretty little head about it bub
>>
>>57442098
>How does WD avoid the legal issues?
What legal issues? There's no legal repercussion for violating a TOS and it's not WD's job to abide by the TOS with your ISP because you signed it, now them.

Most ISPs don't pull petty bullshit like yours OP.
>>
>>57442209
I agree, it just seems that if you had a bad relation with your ISP, they will be more than likely to use this against you. Wonder how this home cloud is taken in other countries too. If it's considered hosting a website, and if an ISP has an automated notification system for small things like this.

Im sure If you were a video editor using terabytes a week running off a unit like in the picture, that your ISP might give you a call and see whats going on...
>>
>>57442098
I love mycloud, I don't think I can ever go back to living without a NAS connecting all my devices.
>>
>>57442098
That would also mean Plex is easily violating

They don't care as long as you aren't using something huge like TB a month
>>
>>57442329
Non shit ISPs don't care about how much traffic you use per month.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.