[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my firefox is bloated. I wanna do fresh install of stable firefox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1366872132212.jpg (9KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1366872132212.jpg
9KB, 150x150px
my firefox is bloated.

I wanna do fresh install of stable firefox but I don't wanna customize extensions again like appchan/ublock/NS etc

is there a way to do fresh install but still keep customizations? thanks in advance friends
>>
>fresh install
>keep stuff from old install

u wot m8
>>
>>57441873
You can export the settings of your extensions individually then import them after you do a refresh.
>>
>>57441913
how?
>>
>>57441913
okay just saved appchan/ublock

couple other questions mate

if I install aurora/nightly it will default install the junk from current FF install right? how do I get it to do fresh install?

also have issue with ublock not remembering the elements I block
>>
>>57441919
Some extensions, particularly the ones with lots of settings, have features for that. Ublock at least has it.

There used to be an addon called febe that was capable of backing up only the parts of your profile you selected, including extension settings, but it has long gone to shit. There might be another addon that does this too, however.
>>
File: uikgyui.png (40KB, 525x258px) Image search: [Google]
uikgyui.png
40KB, 525x258px
>>57441941
aww

can't I go into appdata roaming or whatever and cop paste profile how does that work anon kun
>>
>>57441934
Aurora creates its own profile by default. Not sure about nightly.
If uBlock isn't remembering your settings, that means you're not exporting enough. uBlock keeps its settings across two or three pages which all need to be exported separately.
>>
>>57441956
You can, but that would entirely defeat the point of refreshing.
>>
File: ffefer.png (190KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffefer.png
190KB, 1920x1080px
>>57441971
don't see aurora listed. which one for fresh install
>>
>>57441956
You can copy and paste your profile, but since your profile is where firefox keeps pretty much everything besides what comes with the installer and global extensions/addons you'd be wasting a whole lot of time for absolutely no benefit.

Of course, you can also selectively copy only the files you want to your new profile. Mozillazine has a summary of the files inside and what each one does, but it was slightly incomplete and outdated last I checked it http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox
>>
>>57442012
Aurora was rebranded as Developer Edition. It's still Aurora, but now it comes with a JavaScript analyzer.
>>
>>57442021
ughhh but I initally downloaded FF stable for a reason.
>>
>>57442036
Then why are you looking at different release branches? Just refresh your profile from Firefox.
>>
>>57442012
>>57442036
Dude, you don't need to reinstall anything. Just create a new profile .
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.