[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, I'm new to Linux, and I've recently partitioned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Mode Not Supported.jpg (193KB, 854x965px) Image search: [Google]
Mode Not Supported.jpg
193KB, 854x965px
Hey /g/,
I'm new to Linux, and I've recently partitioned my Hard drive so that I can duel boot Windows 10 with Kali Linux 2.0. The install happened without any problems, and then it took me to the login screen which is the top image labeled (1).

I enter the super secret login information, and then it says "Mode not supported" which can be seen in the second image (2). I've tried for hours different ways to fix this problem but I can't figure it out.

Is there anyway to change the resolution before logging so that this problem doesn't occur?

>If you can help, please can you tell me step by step what to do. I'm new to Linux and would appreciate all the help.
>>
>Kali Linux
just keep using windows
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>57432971
is that marker on your screen?
>>
>>57433061
No that's the Kali Linux logo
>>
so... you watched mr robot and got impressed with them hacker skillz?
>>
>>57432971
>kali linux

ITS FOR PENTESTING YOU STUPID FUCKS IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE A DAILY DRIVER
>>
>>57434930
And when did OP say he was going to use it that way? And you have to actually install it if you want to have GPU acceleration for bruteforcing
>>
>>57434982
>new to linux

that's how I know.
>>
>>57432971

>3dg3l0rd'5 first GNU/Linux

Wew kid, you sure are a l337 hacker aren't you? It's a shame that you're too dumb to even log in HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>57435000
From that I'd gather he wants to be an epic haxx0r now and then, not do his homework and shitposting on it
>>
>>57434982

>bruteforcing

You mean the thing that absolutely never happens IRL and that only skiddos like you talk about because they saw it on TV? That's what i thought.
>>
>>57434982
>"New to Linux"
>INSTALLS IT
>>
>>57435111
The fact that you don't do it doesn't mean "absolutely never happens IRL".
>>
>>57432971
can you mess with any of those settings in the top right or no?

You don't have a spare computer monitor somewhere, instead of a tv?
>>
>>57432971
Wtf is a duel boot? Are you battling them fuckers in hypervisor like autistic pokemans?
>>
>>57435111
you still need GPU acceleration to perform dictionary attacks and not die waiting.
>>
>>57435111
I prefer lead pipe brute forcing no shitty config and way more effective.
>>
>>57433035
FPBP
>OP uses a TV to boot.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.