[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think federated protocols have a future or will everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: xmpp.png (33KB, 633x236px) Image search: [Google]
xmpp.png
33KB, 633x236px
Do you think federated protocols have a future or will everyone move to centralized services?
>>
>>57431521
There's an article on LWN from earlier this year with none other than Moxie Marlinspike arguing against federation for Signal, in response to people complaining about it's dependency on Google code and servers.

Which is profoundly discouraging. Companies and governments want everything centralized because they want a single control point that they can twist on. And devs want centralization because they want to write new stuff right now and not have to fight any political battles, and a centralized protocol makes that a lot easier. And in doing so, they act as enablers for the above-mentioned companies and governments when they should instead be fighting to reduce the amount of power they can wield. They're making a horrible compromise to speed things up when one of slowing things down would be a good thing.
>>
>>57431843
Devs write centralized networking stuffs because it's easier, more efficient (only one connection need to be opened) and arguably more secure (in some ways).
For example, making a peer to peer games is pretty much impossible if you're targeting low latency. As for security, the only viable model is bitcoin but this requires a large amount of "mining", a.k.a "wasted computational power", to create proofs that the network isn't being manipulated.
>>
Judging how someone asked me today what a GIF is, I'd say centralized services are the future because 99.99% of people don't know the difference.
>>
>>57432966
False, you can lower the amount of time required to mine, you obviously don't know shit about blockchain so please stop posting about it you retarded faggot
>>
>>57433426
Then teach me senpai?

Or not, just kill yourself you hateful worthless kid.
>>
>>57433485
How about you teach yourself before you talk about it
>>
>>57433485
>BTFO babby
>>
>>57433492
How about you stop shitposting if you don't want to be an useless piece of shit?
>>
>>57433510
No, go fuck yourself, you're posting false information and refuse to educate yourself, how about you
>>
>>57433582
>Posting false information
That's the point. If you care so much about this thread, why don't you post what you think is correct instead of insulting me with random nonsense?

Also, I'm unwatching this thread and not going to read your answer. I'm not gonna waste more time with some lonely autistic kid. :^)
>>
World's most autistic OP goes to......
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.