[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying 20 laptops for my company. Convince me this isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

Buying 20 laptops for my company. Convince me this isn't the best option.
>>
I can't because it is
>>
Do your own work.
>>
Just make sure to get the non-touch screen version. The touch screens on this laptop significantly decrease the battery life.

Otherwise, on price vs specs, I can't really argue too much against it, and I do know Dell to have decent corporate support. Go for it.
>>
>>57429280

they're really nice.
>>
>20 laptops for my company

find the cheapest one when buying bulk and good repair technician some of them can be called when something goes wrong like ( hp dell lenovo etc i heard is only business lineup only) they sent u some replacement first while they fix it or rma.
>>
Are the batteries changeable?
>>
>not ThinkPads which are the easiest to maintain and repair
>>
>>57429280

I am sure your well aware OP, but Dell does have good discounts when your buying that many laptops for even a small business.

Also, as another poster said opt out of the touch screen version unless for some reason your employees need them (artists or something).

Bear in mind, the laptops need a dock if you want Ethernet connectivity as there is no RJ45 jack. I know some offices are still terrified of Wifi in 2016 still.
>>
>>57429534
>I know some offices are still terrified of Wifi in 2016 still.
Yea, because it's garbage and insecure.
>>
>>57429280

Dell's business offerings are great. The XPS series, less so.
Get the additional on-site support. It's fucking amazing. HDD crashed? Call dell, some dude is there tomorrow slapping it in.
>>
>>57429511

This is what I do for a living, won't get to specific about the company. Medium to Large businesses abuse the hell out of me but no small businesses even know I exist but they'd get the same support. I will show up to a business in person and assist you, and I even have loaners on hand I can give you in case one of them needs to be sent away for RMA.
>>
get them the t460 or x260
>>
>>57429531
I don't know how things have changed over the years but 3-4 years ago HP Elitepads used to be the fastest and easiest to repair. The Idea is just have the company's IT guy fix them instead of sending them to repair with a more "specialized" technician.
>>
>>57429280
get the 15 inch version, 13 is way too small, specially for office stuff. and the fact is bezeless make it very compact, same as a normal 14 inch laptop
>>
>>57429516
Yes
>>
>>57429280
>no Ethernet port
Enjoy your bluescreens from Dell's fucking cancer thunderbolt 3 drivers.
>>
>>57429280
>buying consumershit for a company
top kek
>>
>yfw OP gets fired
>>
>>57429516
no.
>>
File: 1381837075994.jpg (607KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1381837075994.jpg
607KB, 1280x960px
there were SOOOOO MANY complains on issues with XPS

people are making threads how they are waiting for their 3rd one because first two were faulty

for company I would consider only 3 options depending on the budget

thinkpads
dell latitude
HP probooks/elitebooks
>>
>>57432458
Shit, seriously? That's ridiculous
>>
>>57433742
We got some of the 5510s at work. They came with Thunderbolt Ethernet adapters since they don't have fucking Ethernet ports. When I was transferring a 15 GB VM to a new computer, a fucking C++ error message popped up and the connection died. When I tried to enable it in the adapter settings the fucking computer bluescreened.
They're outsourcing the fucking drivers to poos now, and it's worse than just a shitty Java app crashing.
>>
>>57429516
Maybe
>>
>>57429439
>and I do know Dell to have decent corporate support

Only if you pay extra for ProSupport, unless if you like dealing with streetshitters over an abysmal phone line.
>>
>>57429593
>what is 802.11ac
I want luddites to leave
>>
>>57434222
802.11ac doesn't compare with even gigabit wired connections for reliability or throughput. Wireless will never compete with wired, it's physically impossible.
>>
>>57434282
Except I don't think wiring up a small office makes sense or is worth the money, especially if this "work" probably isn't game testing.
>>
>>57433730
>dell latitude

this. 2 years of dropping this fucker all over the place and I've only had to re-seat the hard drive once. No other problems at all.
>>
>>57434324
>Except I don't think wiring up a small office makes sense or is worth the money
Good for you? Your opinion doesn't matter. Wired connections offer high performance and high security.
>>
>>57434382
>hurr durr let me just ignore the context I stated
good for you
>>
>>57433801
Can you repeat the question
>>
>>57434398
Your context doesn't matter.
>>
>>57434434
>your context
No you idiot, I'm talking about your context
>>57429593
>offices

now fuck off
>>
>>57429280
a mac

lowest long term cost in the industry
>>
>>57434282
> X will never Y
Surely someone posting on a technology board is smart enough to know these statements are never true, right? You must be b8ing.
>>
>>57434491
How did I ignore my own context?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.