[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am going to Brazil this summer. This country is well know for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: credit_card_fraud2.jpg (46KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
credit_card_fraud2.jpg
46KB, 1024x1024px
I am going to Brazil this summer. This country is well know for credit card cloning.

My cards have chip, if the scammers even got my card number and expiration date from the magnetic band, they would still need my pin to withdraw money from an atm or buy something in a store, and would need my CVV to make purchases online.

Am I right or they still can manage to steal something using only the magnetic band?
>>
>>57424756
I'm brazilian, AMA. No, you won't get your card cloned just by buying shit from a store, I buy shit with mine all the time. You'll only get it cloned if you use it on a ATM that has been fucked with, and that's not as common as you think.
Just chill, you're just afraid of overstated stereotypes and crimes that happen on a small city on a insignificant state. Brazil is almost as big as the US, there are very different types of people everywhere you go, not just the average monkey you probably know.
>>
>>57424836
No hard feelings, I am from Spain but two of my argie friends got their cards coloned when they went to Brazil, not a big deal since their banks refund the stolen amounts, the scammers wait some time to use the cards and you are no longer in the country so it's easy to prove you have been scammed.
>>
>>57424756
They would still be able to charge you something from an old terminal that have only the magnetic bar reader, hard but possible, since today the vast majority have a chip reader and it won't let the scamers use the magnetic bar if the terminal have a chip reader.
>>
Get a prepaid credit card if your that worried most likely your bank will know best.
>>
>>57425453
>prepaid credit
>not debit
>>
>>57424756
>"come to Brasil"
>eat a bullet
>>
I'd say you're more at risk of simply getting robbed, old-school style.
>>
I would be more worried about a person just mesmerizing/write down your card number/security code.
>>
You should be worried about not dying
>>
The entire country of Brazil is a shithole.
>>
Enjoy the zika
>>
>>57425797
I'm willing to be you've never even been
>>
If u go to rio, be careful with crowds
Well, I survive over here 24 years
If I could you can too
>>
>>57424756
Card cracker here, AMA

yes they can still get your pin. Some skimmers have a a camera near them to see your pin and others have an extra chip under the keypad at ATM's and gas pumps to log your keystrokes
>>
>>57424756

Don't bring your card and use cash?
>>
>>57425997
But in case they only get my card numbers and expiration date only? I always, hide the keyboard when I type the pin, even in my country.
So basicaly I need to check the ATM before use it, (fake keyboard, cameras, card traps, etc) ?
>>
File: st.png (181KB, 667x411px) Image search: [Google]
st.png
181KB, 667x411px
>>57425997
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.