[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea? Why are they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1896x934px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1896x934px
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

Why are they trying to ruin 4chan X?
>>
Settings > Catalog Hover Expand > Untick

Don't forget to kill yourself.
>>
Is it me or did the color of the subject text change too? Especially noticing it on red boards and it's triggering my autism. Can't seem to find an option to change it back.
>>
>>57419684
sage &hide & b&
>>
>>57419865
Add whichever of the following you please to custom CSS:
.board {
padding: 0 !important;
}
.catalog-thread {
margin: 1px !important;
}
.catalog-post .subject {
color: inherit !important;
}
>>
>>57419684
WTF!!! WHO APPROVED THIS SHIT!!!!
>>
Bumping this, partly for answers, partly so other weiners know about >>57420861.
>>
I'm thinking about making it so that you have to click on the catalog (somewhere not on a link) to turn this thing on, and clicking again would turn it off. Would that be better?

Regardless, I'm going to decrease the padding/margins so more threads show up again.
>>
By far the worst and most hilarious "feature" yet, keep it up!
>>
Tired of this garbage.
I want an option that disables new features being defaulted to being turned on!
>>
File: worthless trash.png (843B, 70x37px) Image search: [Google]
worthless trash.png
843B, 70x37px
How do I turn this shit off and revert to downloading with 4chan filenames?
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (706KB, 1919x972px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
706KB, 1919x972px
>>57419684
>using 4chan X

there's your fucking problem.
>>
>>57423984
How do I turn that shit on?

I don't want to have to copy+paste the original filename all the time.
>>
>>57423984
>>57424145
settings > Advanced > File Info Formatting

>>57423984
Are you
https://github.com/ccd0/4chan-x/issues/1176
?
>>
I changed the catalog thing off by default in the stable version. It's on by default again in the beta, but you have to click in the catalog to trigger it. Hopefully that will make it less annoying.
>>
>>57424170
Yes. I didn't realize you'd see my shitposty complaining as well as the request. I'll mess around with the advanced settings, thanks.
>>
>>57424192
Well, I did see the Github issue first. It's usually the fastest way to reach me. I search the archives for posts about 4chan X as well, but things are more likely to get lost there.
>>
>>57424200
Yeah, removing the %d fixed it just fine. Thanks again.
>>
>>57422812
Easy way is to disable automatic updates.
>>
ccd0 should abandon messing around with the catalog, the native one is already perfect

I'd kill for an extension that simply gave me a quick reply, a header and floating embeds like 4chanx and nothing else. Just do these things and do them well, 4chanx tends to slow down everrything

That would be purrfect
>>
File: zUwqrhM.png (513KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zUwqrhM.png
513KB, 1280x720px
>4chan X
>not using OneeChan alongside it
>>
File: 1474232049648.png (178KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474232049648.png
178KB, 500x500px
>>57425913
>a header
A header containing what? Doesn't 4chan already have a quick reply anyway?
>>
>>57425913
I helped aeosynth add obfuscated botnet code to recent versions of 4chan X and advised him to pull it from github lest he gets discovered and reported. The botnet is appended to the code at compile-time; it's built into our fork of the Coffeescript compiler. It's very basic right now but eventually we're gonna make it into a powerful, decentralized p2p network that DDoSes sites specified by our future clients. The C&C is a hidden Github repo; orders are routed via the updates mechanism (just setting a few variables). Since the last few revisions we've gotten a couple prospective clients (we advertise on IRC and on blackhat SEO forums) and we're going to start actually making money for the next few days. Aeosynth will deny this to the best of his ability, for obvious reasons - or maybe try to make it look like he's trolling all of you - but I seriously encourage you to stop updating 4chan X if you ever notice your connection getting slow/have bandwidth restrictions. See, the botnet is opt-out that way.
>>
File: 1476015937651.png (186KB, 1232x920px) Image search: [Google]
1476015937651.png
186KB, 1232x920px
>>57419684
>>
>>57428968
I don't think a dumb userscript for a mongolia throat singing forum requires that kind of development model, if anything 4chan x is already too complex.

>le coffeescript mayme
>>
>>57427764
>OneeChan
>try to change font
>durrr you have to load fonts from your system
>press the load button
>nothing happens
>loading... is stuck in limbo
>flash is allowed
>wiki doesn't help at all
>can't change font for shit because system fonts will never load

>Appchan
>try to change font
>all you have to do is type the name of the system font of choice among all your fonts and it works

What retarded idiot decided the font system on Oneechan, and what retardation struck them to use such a stupid system, is beyond me.
>>
>>57419684
It's good idea but badly implemented.

It should expand only when hovering on picture, and only vertically.
>>
>>57430119
one of a couple of complaints I have with oneechan. I also wish I could just load the mascots natively instead of having to load them from appchan.
>>
>>57430444
That would mean that when the text goes off the page, there's no way to see the rest of the text, because scrolling down takes your mouse off the image.

I've changed it in the beta version so that it's turned on and off by clicking. Open to better ideas.
>>
>>57430119
seaweed and zixaphir are to blame for everything
>>
>>57430606
>>57430912
Nevermind.
I figured it out.
You have to revert 4chan to HTTP in order to load system fonts into the font field.
Shit doesn't work on HTTPS.
I still think this is fucking retarded,
and of course the wiki doesn't mention this simple little point at all.

>>57430606
I've been whining about mascots and figuring things out,
and it turns out that the only difference between loading mascots locally between Oneechan and Appchan is that you have to manually convert images to base64 and copy that into the link field on Oneechan, while Appchan automates this. To be more descriptive:

- Oneechan
>have to manually convert and copy Base64
>there is a size limitation where after you have set up a certain amount of mascots this way, any mascot beyond that last one won't load on Oneechan (10 mascots or something was the limit with me, 11 and forward won't appear)
>mascots are scaled properly

- Appchan
>mascots are automatically converted and added to the mascot list
>there is no limitation and all appear properly
>the scaling is somehow fucked with Appchan because it forcibly converts mascots to a lower resolution after converting them to base64 to fit the sidebar. Because of that, if you make your sidebar wide or delete the sidebar, in order to make large mascots, you will end up with blurred and fucked up mascots since their original resolution is gone.

Those are the positives and negatives between the two.
>>
>>57419684
Wait.
You haven't yet hidden the sticky?
>>
I can never get tweet links to embed.
>>
>>57419684
>4chan x
I love seeing you cunts suffer
>>
>>57431256
Check if you have another extension blocking them.
>>
>>57431499
Not sure why but all I get is "Loading tweet... " with Twitframe
ff49 only greasemonkey on.
>>
>>57428225
Whoah. Blast from the past. Fucking aeosynth jew put botnets in originaal 4chan x and then left the pieces for mayhem to recode. Oh, 4-5 years ago?
>>
>>57430826
The clicking is much better.

>>57431256
Same here.

I think it's the ublock, but I'm not disabling it. Fuck hiro.
>>
>>57431682
>I think it's the ublock, but I'm not disabling it. Fuck hiro.
If it's causing the problem, you should be able to add an exception just for the stuff you want.
>>
>>57431670
I hadn't checked. I'm seeing it too. Probably a problem with twitframe.com.
>>
>>57431256
Looks like twitframe.com doesn't work if you have cookies disabled.
>>
>>57431780
>>57431780
Correcting myself, it works fine if you just disable cookies, but if you choose "never remember history" or use private browsing in Firefox, it breaks.
>>
>>57431780
Thanks, just tested on a fresh install and I see that happening.
Though my original profile seems caused by something else. Whatever, I'll just renew my profile soon, it's probably on my end.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.