[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ can we have a sincere non-meme filled discussion on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Hey /g/ can we have a sincere non-meme filled discussion on the potential dangers of self-driving cars?

I mean don't get me wrong, self driving cars are cool and it'd be great to just input a destination - take a nap - and wake up an hour later at wherever the fuck I want.

But giving another entity the ability to push out an OTA update that gives them the ability to shut off the car/Accelerate out of control/Fly off the road seems to make me skeptical about adapting to it.

>Don't be a conspiracy nut-tard that would never happen
I mean right now companies track your GPS location/Audio record/Sometimes video record with your electronic devices like Phones/laptops and they have the ability to remotely brick a device whenever they see fit. There's nothing physically in the way from them doing the same thing in cars.
>>
>>57413022
>Hey /g/ can we have a sincere non-meme filled discussion
You must be brand new here, fresh off the boat redditor. Absolutely nothing sincere and non-meme filled gets talked about on 4chan, let alone /g/.
>>
Well I'm not getting one that's for sure.
>>
>>57413022
there will be no problems
>>
File: fired.jpg (77KB, 800x488px) Image search: [Google]
fired.jpg
77KB, 800x488px
>Tfw you can't buy an iPhone without it getting OTA bricked because you decided to jailbreak it
>Tfw you can't get into a self driving car without it executing you and the company saying it was a "1 in a billion glitch"
>Tfw we will never have augmentations
>>
Trash bag test:

>Send self driving car down interstate at 70 mph
>A sudden gust of wind fills a trash bag to near capacity and quickly blows it into the road

>Human driver realizes this is a floating trash bag and continues driving normally, unafraid of the vehicle making contact with the trash bag

>Computer freaks the fuck out putting the driver and car's wellbeing in peril.
>>
The transition period where self-driving car have to interact with ordinary dumbass drivers is going to be the most difficult.
>>
>>57413124

We are sorta already in that period
>>
I like driving.
>>
>>57413022
Self-driving cars will have, for quite a long time, problems with driving in shit roads with bad signalization.
>>
>>57413022
>But giving another entity the ability to push out an OTA update
Guess what.
They won't allow OTA updates for that reason.
Everything driving safety related won't be controllable by outside technology.
It's as easy as that.
>>
>>57413393

in my country it is not possible to imagine
>>
File: TeFSy3F.png (2MB, 1863x945px) Image search: [Google]
TeFSy3F.png
2MB, 1863x945px
>>57413037
Kys xDDddddDDD
>>
>>57413022
BRAKES

FAILING

SPONTANEOUSLY
>>
I see them as fleet vehicles for metros and little else. People will not give up their freedom unless these are more convenient.

The self driving car is nothing more than a self driving taxi.
>>
>>57413775
Do you think they won't allow the ability to have an OTA update or some sort of backdoor?

You don't think that police won't petition for the ability to brick a car if a 'suspect' is inside one?
>>
>>57415771
>Do you think they won't allow the ability to have an OTA update or some sort of backdoor?
Yes.
>You don't think that police won't petition for the ability to brick a car if a 'suspect' is inside one?
They can do that all they want, doesn't mean it will happen.
>>
>>57413022
>giving another entity the ability to push out an OTA update that gives them the ability to shut off the car/Accelerate out of control/Fly off the road

>implying regular car manufacturers can't already do this and just don't tell you about it
>>
>>57416010
I honestly want to believe that this is the case but we already have phones being tracked and bricked, I just don't trust that cars will remain purist for long
>>
>>57416153
Your phone isn't directly related to your safety. Shutting down a moving vehicle is not safe and so it will never be allowed.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.