[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do arch users get on here preaching how good arch is, literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: 1461250052432.jpg (77KB, 499x562px) Image search: [Google]
1461250052432.jpg
77KB, 499x562px
Why do arch users get on here preaching how good arch is, literally trying to push it onto other quite happy people and then get so mad, resorting to basic name calling and other childish attacks, when normal, productive users kindly explain why they are happy with their current operating system and simply don't wish to use it?
The funniest thing i have witnessed an arch user post was....
>>the average arch user is in fact smarter than any other distro developer.
>>
>>57407459
I use Debian because it's stable and easy.
>>
>>57407459
Epic blog. Liked and subscribed :DDDD
>>
>>57407575
Hey, thats the same reason why i use Slackware.
>>
>>57407575
I use Arch LTS because it's stable and easy.
>>
>>57407459
I used Arch because I wanted to learn.

No, I do not work with Linux. I learned it in my free time.

Why? Because I think it's interesting. Why would you learn dancing or singing if you are not a professional dancer/singer? The same fucking reason.

Leave me the fuck alone with your judging ass bullshit.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>57407459
>Why do arch users get on here preaching how good arch is
Because Arch is pretty good
>>
>>57407698
Whoops.
You almost got there.
Kind of like a nigger when being asked a question that it doesnt understand.
It will make an honest attempt to answer, and then chimp out, throwing bananas and its own faeces everywhere and then stabbing you multiple times.
>>
>>57407758
Whoa there, SJWs are okay with niggers. SJWbians should be okay with it
>>
>>57407777
Checked for social justice.
>>
File: 1477682449504.png (545KB, 798x2981px) Image search: [Google]
1477682449504.png
545KB, 798x2981px
>>57407807
u called?
>>
It's not that Arch takes intelligence to install, it's that people here seem to be too stupid to copy a few commands and learn basic 3 argument executables,
>>
Arch is literally the best distro. My boss told me to deploy a CentOS network and I used Arch instead. So far everyone'se happy with the speed and responsiveness of the network and I pacman -Syu the server every day without anything bad happening.
>>
>>57408024
This is satire right?
>>
>>57408024
please update us when you get fired for crashing a production server.
CentOS may be "outdated" but the trade off is stability my friend
>>
>>57408142
>>57408115
Yeah, you kids obviously need to spend more time with both distros before making comments, you just look ignorant now.
>>
>>57408151
I run Debian stable on a production web server and have had zero issues with speed, stability, or whatever the fuck else it is Arch offers

This is b9 rite?
>>
>>57408151
Just as i thought.
>>57408024 was all in your imagination.
>>
>>57408159
>My distro works good so others must not
Why do you struggle so hard with logic?
>>
>>57408179
you thought you would get told? xd
>>
>>57408151
>>kids

In ops post..
>>the average arch user is in fact smarter than any other distro developer.
This made me kek.

>>57408024 made me piss my pant with laughter.
>>
>>57408180
I never said I haven't used Arch, but rolling it on a production server, especially when specifically instructed to deploy a different OS by my boss seems head on pants retarded
>>
>>57408202
it does seem like that until you pay more attention to debian unstable and arch's latest, arch's latest gets much more testing and attention and in my personal experience I had things segfault on me in debian unstable while I had no issues with weekly upgrades on Arch.
>>
>>57408214
fake laughs will not cover up your butthurt or you being told bud, you tried
>>
>>57408222
well, it's called unstable for a reason.
>>
>>57408024
Id believe you except you said "network" instead of a single desktop, "everyones happy" instead of yourself and the part about having a boss.
>>
>>57408235
Well with debian, you can have unstable, unstable that's a bit more secure, and outdated. Arch tries to provide as close to the latest version while still going thru rigorous testing, and frankly arch repos seem much more active than the debian ones. I've used debian for 5 years before I did a full switch to arch, it's just more lean and taken care of.
>>
>>57407459
Uggg I'm so mad right now
Use Arch or else, faggot
your mother
Did you know that the average arch user is in fact smarter than any other distro developer?
>>
I failed to install arch
what should I be using - except ubuntu
>>
>>57407459
I moved to Gentoo, partly for the USE flags, and partly because I got tired of people assuming I'm a euphoric autist who has never held a job. I will probably never switch distros again. Honestly Arch is a meme distro for people too autistic for Ubuntu but too dumb for Gentoo.
>>
>>57408529
debian
>>
>>57408540
isn't that the sjw distro?
>>
>>57408553
who cares? It's stable for server use
>>
>>57407459
Arch is where I learned 90% of what I know about Linux.
It's a pain in the ass to maintain, but fantastic to learn.
>>
>>57407459
I have never met or even heard of anyone in real life using Arch. And I know some pretty fucking autistic people. I remain convinced it is merely a /g/ meme.
>>
>>57407777
>>57407852
>small debian women wiki page that nobody cares about
>debian = sjws guys!!!!1
You're literally worse than tumblrinas
>>
>>57408568
>Arch is where I learned 90% of what I know about Linux.

Why didnt you just learn to copy/paste on another os?
>>
>>57408568
But to what end? What is the point of "knowing linux"?
>>
>>57408753
Man not even Linus himself would even know linux in its entirety anymore.
>>
Have a friend that uses arch and he doesn't talk about what he uses to others, it works for him and has a nice package system he says. I decided to learn arch, installed it and went back to Windows after a month or two and no one gives a fuck so I'm not talking to everybody about it. Probably the people who talk like that are new to it and have nothing to do with their shitty lifes
>>
Rolling release distros are for people without any real work.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.