[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I have to use one note for work. I'm not a fan of cloud

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1478275382535.jpg (465KB, 804x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478275382535.jpg
465KB, 804x1080px
Hi,

I have to use one note for work. I'm not a fan of cloud crap and I'm afraid I'll accidentally share shit on my computer (or it'll 'helpfully' sync everything) that I don't want people seeing.

I'm planning on making a separate user account on my computer and just using one note on it. It's not like one note will share shit on my other account, right?

How can I use one note with minimal risk of embarrassment? Thanks.
>>
>>57407357

Also, if I uninstall one note on one account, I can still use it on the other one, right? Or does uninstalling remove it on all accounts?
>>
>>57407379
Bump
>>
>>57407357
How would anyone see your notes unless they had access to your account on a computer that you use? And why are you keeping private shit on a work computer/program?
>>
>>57407357
Use password protection in your notes

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Password-protect-your-notes-e5ffd8fd-e811-441a-aa02-e13f0f445933
>>
>>57407622
>How would anyone see your notes unless they had access to your account on a computer that you use? And why are you keeping private shit on a work computer/program?

I have to do the one note work from home.

I don't have private notes. I have private files like pictures, songs, browsing history, etc. Nothing illegal of course, just private. One note doesn't share pics or songs or anything like that, just "notes" in a specific folder, right?

>>57407676

Thanks. I'm worried about files in general, all over my hard drive. Is there a way to limit which files one note sees or is it automatic i.e. it knows not to look at or share any files other than those in my "notebook?"
>>
>>57408021
Yes. You can stop sharing per notebook.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Stop-sharing-a-notebook-on-OneDrive-97A7A964-C822-4C11-93F8-0E9BC572C9EF

If you are concerned about all your files on your hard drive, I would recommend full disk encryption with Bitlocker or Deslock+
>>
>>57408067

Thanks I will encrypt my stuff.

But it's not a matter of stopping sharing notebooks, I just mean I don't want the program to take it upon itself and put my files in the cloud. My nightmare is that it'd be like iTunes importing all my files (instead of songs) into some kind of library, and making that library available to people who I'm sharing a note in my notebook with. Is this just paranoia or does one note pull crap like that?
>>
>>57408503
You're welcome.

Ah ok when you mentioned sharing and not the cloud, I was thinking of that. As far as I know, it will only sync to the Microsoft cloud two ways:
1. Notebook was created from OneDrive online
2. Notebook was created locally and saved to the OneDrive folder

If you don't use OneDrive or save things there, then it should not appear in the cloud at all. I would check OneDrive folder and see if you find any notebooks there.
>>
>>57408602

OK thanks again, that's very helpful
>>
>>57407357
Beautiful women make me suicidal
>>
>>57408659
Sounds like a symptom of down syndrome; kill yourself.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.