[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>disable javascript >99% of sites stop working Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: javascript_logo.jpg (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
javascript_logo.jpg
7KB, 300x300px
>disable javascript
>99% of sites stop working

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>57397178
>disable core functionality of your browser
???
>>
>not enabling it on sites you visit frequently
shiggydiggy
>>
>>57397190
>core functionality
It's not needed to display >99 % of the content. It is used in most cases to make sites look pretty and to track you.
>>
Just enable it. 99% of all tracking is done through a third-party domain so it's easily blocked.
>>
It's because nowadays web authors make excessive use of technologies they don't understand.
>>
>>57397178
>removes dick
>can't get off
???
>>
>>57397178
It's isn't it's illegal call the Stallman police
>>
>>57397178
we need more php-only sites with the
>click like button and page is refreshed, wait let me just scroll down to where I was again
>oh wait it's a bad php developer I even forgot where my page is
>1/2512 pages
>>
>>57397324
Actually the css is there to make it look pretty. Shows how little you know.
JS is there to add functionality, so there aren't just a bunch of shit links everywhere that has to load a completely new website every single time you click one.

Learn to actually block google analytics/tracking without literally disabling core functionality you fucking retard, if you can't do this with the tools given, then just stick to a simple adblock you cunt.
>>
>>57398031
Thing is I've seen people (in my teams even) who don't use base CSS and only use JS to add the CSS, so on page load the CSS took a bit to load, was confused till I looked at his code, he's working backend now lol

People need to learn how to use JS and CSS correctly, and wtf is with this one-page application shit

And fuck NodeJS
>>
>>57397178
Because server side rendering makes your site very slow if you don't have the server capacity to handle all the users.
>>
>>57397803

>call the Stallman police

He has no phone, cellular or landline. You'll have to email him instead.
>>
>57398031
No. Just no. Originally JS was intended to add fluff to pages to make them look prettier, but nowadays are using it to add functionality. The whole core philosophy of the WorldWideWeb was ubiquity; anyone with a program that can interpret the http protocol should be able to look at websites; the sites can look wildly different depending on the software used to interpret the http, but it should be viewable to everyone. JS is proprietary shit. You shouldn't be forced to use it.
>>
>disable the <div> tag

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>57398069
Maybe if you were a bit less afraid of new technologies, you wouldn't work in a company that's so shit that it doesn't have a standard between stylesheets and inline styles, much less linting.
>>
>>57397178
>I want a static DOM like it's meant to be
>I also print websites
>>
because autists who disable javascript only visit the same 1% of websites
>>
>>57397178
>be webdev
>voluntarily spend your time to create fallbacks for autists who disable js
yeah, no thx idiot
>>
>>57398365
>be based webdev
>design websites without proprietary software
BREAK THE CONDITIONING
>>
>disable internet
>100% of sites stop working

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>57398193
amazing

>>57398157
factually incorrect
>>
>>57398410
you dont do anything that is invisible to the client. If the client is not an autist who disables JS and tests the sites if they work without it, you dont do anything and cash in.

If the client is an autist, you charge him more and create the fallbacks. Or you better judge clients beforehand and politely tell him to fuck off if he is an autist.
>>
File: 1354698010356537.jpg (32KB, 442x604px) Image search: [Google]
1354698010356537.jpg
32KB, 442x604px
>>57398365

>be webdev
>cater to autists by displaying a banner telling them to turn on JS
>>
>>57398495
this
>>
>>57398031
The problem is when people use js to load fonts and shit.

I see sites that flash the text then goes all white until i enable js which then loads the text but its some shitty font.
>>
>>57398495
Why do people like you exist? Can you just be a normal person and just code in HTML and CSS? fug, I hate js too much cpu usage.
>>
>>57399723
thats another advantage of js, use clients device for some tasks instead of server.
>>
>>57399723
Buy yourself a real computer. Disabled JS is your own stupidity. Whenever I'm making a website and someone asks: "what if the user has JS turned off?" I just reply: "what if user has no monitor? what if the user has no electricity? what if there is no user at all?" and that seems to hold them for about an hour
>>
>>57400212
Your logic is flawed. JS is forcing your code to run on the user's machine. All the other stuff is by choice.
>>
>>57400235
You don't have to open the site, so you are not forced to anything.
Actually you can also read the source, and freely modify it (if the website isn't retarded; using a scrambler).
>>
>>57400463
>You don't have to open the site

I don't know whether or not your site relies on Javascript until the code has already started to affect my computer. At least make a fall back to normal HTML.
>>
>>57400668
HTML fallback is good and all.
But why wouldn't you use JS if you are trusting the source?
Sandboxed environments make it hard to do anything sketchy.
If you are smartly disabling third-party shit, then they won't bother you too.
For example, 4chan without JS would fucking suck.
>>
>>57400463
Yeah good luck. Have you ever actually looked at big-box production JavaScript? It may as well be closed source.
>>
>>57400732
Doesn't mean that you can't actually provide the source in a readable manner.
>>
>>57397178
>remove car's engine
>it no longer works
Buh-buh-but 99% of car's functionality doesn't need an engine.
>>
>>57398157
ACTUALLY, javascript was made to validate web forms.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.