[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EVEN WHEN UPDATES ARE OFF THEY'LL INTERRUPT YOU REGARDLESS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: THEY HAVE BYPASSED MY SECURITY.png (5KB, 680x163px) Image search: [Google]
THEY HAVE BYPASSED MY SECURITY.png
5KB, 680x163px
EVEN WHEN UPDATES ARE OFF THEY'LL INTERRUPT YOU REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU'RE DOING MAKE IT ST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>57392327
https://www.debian.org/distrib/
>>
File: 1476046374944.png (304KB, 488x381px) Image search: [Google]
1476046374944.png
304KB, 488x381px
>>57392327
At this point is even funny how beta manlets cry, we all know you won't do a damn thing about it besides crying.
>>
>>57392327
Services.msc > Windows Update > Disabled

Don't forget to kill yourself ;^)
>>
set connection to metered with registry hacks

t. updoot free
>>
>>57392406
You also need to disable windows modules installer servicee because somehow it reenables the windows update service.
>>
>>57392327
Updates are still being checked, you mong
Set it to fully manual mode, retard
>>
File: gno.jpg (1MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
gno.jpg
1MB, 3872x2592px
>>57392327
>>
>>57392449
Blocking that list of Microsoft domains using the host file works. It makes the windows modules service not load anymore.

Also disable updates using the group policy manager. I hope you have at least a Pro version of Win. On home versions you may not have those options in the group manager.

For me blocking the domains worked wonders. The store basically stopped working, which is a sign the method works.

I also don't get any requests to restart anymore and the system is faster without those constant services running in the background.
>>
>>57392344
>Sitting pretty with a Debian VM, storage, and service host.
>Doubles as comfy shitposting machine.

God I'm glad I ditched Windows.

Make the switch OP.

You can get wine or a passthrough for gaymes.
>>
>still not using macOS or GNU/Linux

Nobody forced you to stay using Windwoes.
>>
>>57392704
What about games tho
>>
I don't see this on my server 2016.
>>
>>57392704
Let's say I want to do this, but I don't have a spare machine. And I don't want to accidentally gimp my computer.

Where can you get computers with no OS or anything installed for cheap
>>
>why aren't you using edge?

I fucking hate them doing this. No I"m not fucking going to use edge.
>>
>>57392796
Just make a backup image of your Windows partition and store it somewhere, even on a different partition as long as you don't plan to nuke it should work fine.
>>
>>57392736
PCI 0000:02:00.0 & 0000:02:00.1 Are the GTX 970 & built in sound card running in a virtual machine and hooked up to a 120Hz monitor directly.

Do it.

>>57392796
It took me quite a few gimps to get the hang of it you may want a cheap backup machine or a livecd on a usb.
You'll learn a lot more when you can make mistakes.
Check craigslist for cheap dell office desktops if you need a secondary.
>>
>>57392406
enjoy no security updates, mong. that's not a fix. you may as well not be using windows if you can't update a fucking computer connected to the internet
>>
>>57392622

Source for the host list?
>>
>>57392950
If the point is not getting interrupted by updates, you can just turn the fucking service on when you WANT updates.

It's a shit solution anyway though, there are group policy options that stop automated updates that don't have your confirmation before downloading. So don't click Download until you actually want to install them and that's it.
>>
>>57392449
What if I'm a complete noob and have no idea how to do any of this? Is there no hope for me? Is this the end?
>>
>>57392979
Reformat and reinstall Windows 7 and a good Linux distro like OS X.
>>
>>57392977
GPE is gimped after anniversary update
>>
>>57393101
I don't see how, it still asks me before it updates and never restarts by itself.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.