[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good lightweight laptop with a good battery life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: laptop.jpg (25KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
laptop.jpg
25KB, 800x450px
What's a good lightweight laptop with a good battery life? Finally getting around to buying a laptop for university, just need something that can handle MS Office and web browsing, but a nice screen for watching movies in bed would be a plus. Battery life and being lightweight are my priorities, my back is fucked up enough without lugging around a weighty computer.
>>
If all you want to do is Micrsoft Office, watch Netflix, and browse Facebook get a Mac.
>>
>>57392065
See I might actually consider that if they didn't cost so damn much. But I'd rather keep on the budget side of things, even if I COULD afford to spend big.
>>
If you can use an alternative to MSO like jewgle drive, you could use a chromebook for that kind of basic stuff. Even better would be a chromebook running some linux distro, but you don't seem like you need to put in the work for that kind of thing.
>>
macbook air, 2014+
thinkpad 13
thinkpad x260
its all good in the end
>>
>>57391967
>watching movies in bed
>my back is fucked up
lol
>>
>>57393834
It's scoliosis. Not anything that sitting up in bed will affect.
>>
>>57391967
Dell XPS 13
>>
You don't need to shell out more than 300$ on a Mac to do office and netflix. I also strongly advise against buying some walmart-tier bloated laptop that will grind to a halt within a year.

X-series thinkpad used, or possibly a chromebook or something.
>>
>>57392095

Just get an iPad ya pleb everything has office now.
>>
>>57391967
x200
>>
>>57391967
Surface Pro 3. Super light, very good screen, pen for notes (no more notebooks to carry around), and great battery life. Get the i3 if you want more battery less power, or i5 if you want the true ultrabook experience.
>>
>>57393861
iPad keyboards are pretty fucking terrible though
>>
>>57391967
asus x205 ta 14 hr battery life
>>
Just get a fucking chromebook
>>
Macbook air, I got mine for 750, not sure if they're running that deal anymore.
>>
>>57393852
Everyone I know that claims that particular ailment weighs at or above the 300lb mark
>>
>>57391967
Asus x205ta

Less than a kilo, 12 hours web browsing battery life
>>
>>57391967
SURFACE
BOOK
>>
>>57394097
Only cost me £150 new
>>
>>57394105
do you use chrome browser? I use opera with the battery saving enabled. i get 14 hrs
>>
>>57394112
Use Firefox, get between 10-12 sometimes more depending how much I use it
>>
>>57391967
get an old mac
>>
>>57391967
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Macbook-Pro-13-3-Laptop-MD101LL-A-Core-i5-2-5Ghz-8GB-Ram-320GB-HD-/201709234582?hash=item2ef6cea996:g:Sh8AAOSwnbZYHMpS
>>
buying a mac is the only thing to not do unless you love the design and want a "different" OS.

Any other 13" laptop will do the job.

Dell XPS 13.
>>
Get that Toshiba chromebook. $300 with a 13" 1080p IPS panel is pretty neat.
>>
>>57394084
I weigh 92 kilos. It's genetic, all of my siblings have it and so do my mother and grandfather.
>>
Dell XPS 13.
Xiaomi mi notebook air :^)
>>
>>57396507
being a lardass is not genetic. if you have a slow metabolism then you don't need to eat that much which should be a bonus for you but since you are a little piggy who like to nibble on everything in site yourr pant size is higher than your IQ.
>>
>>57391967

2nd hand macbook air and install *nix

running a 256gb 2011 mac air with devuan + cinnamon... it is literally the perfect machine
>>
>>57395905
Doesn't Chrome not even stream in 1080?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.