[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so mad that I didn't get this idea first ffs why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: unnamed.png (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
14KB, 300x300px
I'm so mad that I didn't get this idea first ffs why did this become so popular with such a simple fucking concept I could be a millionaire rn
>>
File: Steve Jobs.jpg (327KB, 597x1505px) Image search: [Google]
Steve Jobs.jpg
327KB, 597x1505px
>>57381358
>>
>>57381358
It was the memes and emojis.
>>
it wasnt the idea that got them popular
it was billions of dollars worth of chinese backing
>>
File: myargument.png (12KB, 119x146px) Image search: [Google]
myargument.png
12KB, 119x146px
>>57381358
are you sure you're posting the right pic there anon? it's just copying features of other chat clients and popular due to shilling, lots of shilling. not even close to an original idea or concept that wasnt done before
>>
Memes aside they had a good strategy to get large userbase fast and once you get a huge chunk of userbase for these things more people will use it as "its what everyone is using"

Good Advertisement
Ease of Use
Feature Rich
Multi Platform
Free
Reliable
>>
>>57382030
Good Advertisement is the only thing that's actually true here
>>
boo hoo discord sucks because muh gaymen and i do't have any friends to talk too
>>
>>57381358
Its not about the app, its about the smart marketing.
>>
>>57382044
it sucks because i cant host a local channel
youre cucked into using their servers
>>
>>57381358
But why not IRC?
>>
>>57382038

I only use it because of the memey comments when you start the app..
>>
>>57381494
Maybe the most accurate Jobs quote I've ever seen.
>>
>>57382078
Grandpa, IRC doesn't save your conversation after you quit.
>>
>>57382871
>its in the cloud :^)
you can save it locally
>>
>>57381358
What is it?
>>
>>57382871

Yeah, it does.

I have shit tons of IRC logs, man.

There's even plugins that'll upload it to cloud storage services, though you could also just put your log folder in dropbox.
>>
>>57381494
if he is so smart then why is he dead
>>
>>57381358
Discord makes literally no money. They'd be losing actually.
>>
>>57382038
Ok lets not be disingenuous, its actually a solid piece of software with good features.
>>
>>57383296
t. guy who doesn't know how a startup like this works
>>
>>57381358
Just make something good then put the "GAMING" label on it and people will eat it up.
>>
>>57383740
how do they make money
>>
>>57384186
when they sell the company to Amazon or Google
>>
>>57383243

He thought he was some sort of ascended being who did not have to shower if he ate vegan food and had no use for modern medicine until he was desperate and it was way too late.

Tremendous success probably didn't help his god complex.
>>
I use the browser version. Pretty comfy desu, doesn't have all the bugs the client version has.
>>
File: 1433118930411.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1433118930411.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>57384646
What bugs?
>>
>>57381358
Wasn't curse before this again? But discord just stole the marked or something... ?
>>
>>57382871

is there a way to save discord logs locally?
>>
>>57384654
>start to load up league of manchildren match
>chat audio shits itself for 4-5 seconds
>issue doesn't happen in browser version
>>
is there any way to view Discord user avatars in browsers or somehow save the images/avatars? I despise that shit so much that you can't even right click avatar images to reverse image search them
>>
>>57382058
Seriously, the amount of data they sell on you is pretty ridiculous. Frustrating because they initially claimed e2e & local hosting, then people actually read the privacy policy.
>>
>>57384678
create a bot and scrape from the channel.
>>
>>57382871
what is quassel
>>
>>57383243
because you can't outsmart death basement dweller
>>
>>57384681
Hardware acceleration
>>
>>57384681
The so called "desktop app" is chrome rendering the website. You can literally click CTRL+SHIFT+I and get the same element inspector.
>>
Indeed, it's truly a simple concept to provide a functional cross-platform web client, yet no one fucking does it.
>>
someone should write a decentralized irc clone
you could hash + store the clientlist for a given channel name in a dht network + store backlogs locally in a decentralized fashion so if there is at least 1 guy still on the channel you can get the history back
you could ban people by subscribing to certain clients' public keys and filtering people they filter
>>
>>57381358
How are they monetizing it? The client is free and has no ads and marketshare alone brings no revenue.
>>
>>57384566
Why would Amazon or Google buy them if they make no money? I mean it makes sense when the company is of the scale of Whatsapp, but this is used by neckbeards and some light normies only.
>>
>>57385299
they sell user data and chatlogs to """them"""
>>
>>57382910
a proprietary, "free" chat app for gaymers
>>
>>57385299
They plan paid plans.
>>
>>57385340
>It's got account linking features with Twitch and Youtube Gaming.
>Many popular Twitch channels have their own Discord channel just for their subscribers.
>It's slowly replacing Skype and Teamspeak.
>Has potential to be a dedicated native platform for either mentionned services, both respectively owned by Amazon and Google.

Gee, I wonder.
>>
>>57381494
Who is he to talk about modern science, muh cancer
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.