[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello. The old SQT is about to die so I decided to make my own

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: 2016-11-03_191617.png (32KB, 777x525px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-03_191617.png
32KB, 777x525px
Hello.

The old SQT is about to die so I decided to make my own thread instead.

I'm having trouble with some RAM I installed in my PC. I installed 64GB but my PC only shows 62.1 as usable. I don't know what to do and nothing on Google helps.

Specs are in pic related in case you need them and I will attach the task manager image as soon as I can.
>>
>>57376049
You're using Windows 10, that's the problem. Also, why in fuck hell do you need that much RAM?
>>
>>57376060
Streaming and video editing.

Also, is Windows 10 really the problem? My PC didn't have any hardware reserved problems with 16GB of memory.
>>
Whats some cool tech to buy on amazon (UK), aliexpress or gearbeast - bonus points for hacking related
>>
I asked about this in the old thread but I'd like another opinion.
I'm trying to get my MB back into the IO shield. The little metal prongs were blocking the way so I tried bending them to make it a little easier, but I'm still having trouble keeping it seated in without forcing it together by screwing the standing in. Anyone have tips on getting it to line in properly?
>>
File: 513rvPLR4bL.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
513rvPLR4bL.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
can I run a capture card with OBS and record x264 video on a toaster? Targeting 60fps 480p/720p at ~1000-2000k bitrate.

My old toaster PC I'd use for this if I can has a shitty athlon64 X2 2ghz + HD6950. Maybe I can offload rendering/encoding to the GPU, since that's much newer? I won't stream, just record, but that probably doesn't matter.
>>
>>57377262
It's an I/O bandwidth issue... look into it.
>>
I'm on a laptop and can't see POST when booting, how do enter BIOS?
>>
>>57377285
I'm sure the capture card will work fine for viewing, but I need to encode the video and record it with some sort of filesize-efficient codec like x264 or similar, but those are resource hogs. I don't think bandwidth would be an issue since my mobo has the right pcie slot and I wouldn't be using the PC for anything else while recording.
>>
>>57376049
what're the most common encoding algorithms (hex, binary, base64) and the most common CRACKABLE cipher
>>
>>57377315
Try holding F12 or DEL when booting, depends on system.

What is a good, high quality microphone for doing voice narration for videos? I've wanted to do podcast style videos for a while now but I have no real idea where to start. Ideally I'd like a simple microphone that doesn't require a huge recording rig for now.
Any additional advice on setting up a recording system (hardware suggestion, specs, etc) would be great as well.
I'd prefer the microphone to be cost a few hundred dollars or less, as well. Anything more that I need I'll have to save up for.
>>
>>57377765
blue yeti is a pretty good starting point, unless you already own something better.
>>
>>57376049
I'm working on a calculator program in Java and everything is working except that I need user input to be separated by white spaces. for example,

5 + 5
works but
5+5

What do I need to do to make 5+5 OR 5 + 5 work?

Heres the code:

while (true)
{
System.out.println("Enter your calculation: ");

firstNumb = in.nextDouble();
operation = in.next();
secondNumb = in.nextDouble();

switch(operation)
{
case "+":
result = firstNumb + secondNumb;
System.out.println(result);
break;

case "-":
result = firstNumb - secondNumb;
break;
case "*":
result = firstNumb * secondNumb;
break;
case "/":
if (secondNumb == 0)
{
System.out.println("Error! Cannot divide by 0, for this equals:");
}
result = firstNumb / secondNumb;
break;
case "%":
result = firstNumb % secondNumb;
break;
>>
>>57377889
works but
5+5
> doesn't
>>
>>57376049
Is there anything like Auth0 but open source?
>>
link to prev thread?
>>
Say I wanted to build an intelligent agent that would be able to search for new anime releases by specific fan sub groups, manage downloaded releases, and other misc features that I would like to add.

Would this get my resume canned by potential recruiters for being too much of a weeb? Srs question here.
>>
File: ss (2016-11-03 at 10.47.24).png (91KB, 1016x642px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-11-03 at 10.47.24).png
91KB, 1016x642px
Should I upgrade to 16GB? I've been using my capture card to play ps3 while playing some other games while using my browser. Is 8GB still enough? It's always using 75% though it never goes up for some reason.
>>
>>57376049
this is not how you make a /SQT/ at least put some effort in your shitpost
>>
Holy shit, have you guys seen KDE Connect?

This shit is freaking awesome!
>>
How to setup 4chan like BB (without AV and/or images) with FoolFuuka?

Can a Rpi do the job?

What are the steps?
>>
File: 8oSFC3e.jpg (39KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
8oSFC3e.jpg
39KB, 420x420px
Using Wireshark for the first time and doing some DNS shit for class.

Why am I getting two queries as a result of a dns query?
>>
>>57376049
>Have HTC One m7 Running Android 5.0.
>Screen recently started turning on every 5 minutes.
>Happens regardless of if it is charging or not.

What do?
>>
23" or 23.8" 1080p monitor(s)?
They're identical in every way except size and price, the latter by only $9.
>>
I have my haswell processor OC'd from 3.3ghz to 4.5ghz. it will be under full stress more or less 24/7/365. How stupid is this? Temperature has been around 75C.
>>
>>57378959
75C at IDLE?

That's way too high! Get a better cooler. You should be idling at like 40C at most.
>>
>listening to music on youtube's android app
>lock phone to put in my pocket
>music stops

any way to avoid this other than paying for the youtube red jew?
>>
>>57379108
Gotta pay for the red jew.
>>
>>57379108
get vlc app and watch videos from there

>>57376077
any version of windows counts GiB but reports incorrectly as GB
thats also why your ssd is 238 "GB" instead of 256GB
the difference between 16GB and 16GiB wasnt big enough to show a problematic result
>>
>>57378808
Bump!

>>57378950
I'd go with the 23"

Certain pixel pitches can be bad. Look up reviews on that size.
>>
t-mobile is offering free bang and olufsen h3 earphones with the lg v20, is this just a combination of memes or actually decent? currently on the 6s
>>
>>57379226
as an american I'm jealous you get b&o shit, I mostly like their TVs though, how much is the phone?
>>
>>57378959
75c during prime95? if that's the case then it's fine

if it's 75c under normal non stress test load then you have serious issues
>>
>>57379241
i would be doing their jump on demand leasing, prob about $30/month
>>
>>57376049
So, what's a better deal, the RX 480 or Fury, and which one will age better with time?

I'm going to be using a few monitors, but does four extra GB of RAM really matter?

By the way, a fury is going for cheap on Newegg right now, check it out: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202186&cm_re=amd_fury-_-14-202-186-_-Product

Also, for whichever one is superior in price/performance, which one is the best one to get?

Or should I just get a 470 if I'm looking for price/performance?

When's Black Friday?
>>
>>57379247
yeah during heavy stress. cheers
>>
>>57378401
Bump
>>
So a short time ago, under a lot of time pressure and desperation I plugged a friend's USB drive into my laptop (Windows 10, fully updated) in order to transfer a file to it. Lo and behold almost the moment it's plugged in Windows Defender instantly detects and removes a fucking worm off my shitty friend's drive.

https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/Encyclopedia/entry.aspx?Name=Win32%2FGamarue

So after unplugging the USB drive and PANICing for a bit I ended up finding and following a guide to disinfecting a PC
>run rkill.com
>run a full threat scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware both in normal mode and safe mode
>run Malwarebytes Junk Removal Tool
>run HitmanPro scan for good measure
>then run a full Windows Defender scan just for the hell of it.

All of which found nothing at all besides a couple of tracking cookies.

So having done all that, can I safely declare my laptop to have never been infected, or should I nuke Windows, do a clean install, and change all my passwords just to be certain?
>>
>>57379689
take your computer outside, douse it in gasoline, and burn it. maybe add some wood to make sure the scary worm is gone. then buy another computer.
>>
>>57379755
>maybe add some wood to make sure the scary worm is gone.
Hey, "worm" is a scarier name than "virus", it's a fact.
>>
>>57379689
>>57379812
First, go on a cleanse of your system. Afterwards, make sure to fast for several days - minimal usage. After performing those steps, hang a flash drive over your computer for a few minutes. If done correctly, all of the worms inside of your system will spontaneously come out of your system and attempt to go into the flash drive, craving sustenance.
>>
>>57379822
If successful, you now have a worm-free system.
>>
>>57376049
Rest is reserved for hardware-specific purposes.
Blame your motherboard
>>
>PC is going slow as fuck
>Read up that 3rd party Fonts can cause this
>Installed nearly 30,000 fonts awhile ago not realizing this problem would arise
>It's making Photshop and Illustrator take 9999999999 years to launch, and then they often freeze when using due to the type tool being xbox sized
>Want to restore all fonts to default
>Go into fonts folder
>Shows as empty so I can't delete
>Folder options are to show all hidden files
>Press restore default fonts button
>The OK gets Greyed out so I can't confirm
>Same shit when I made another Admin user account
How fix?
>>
How do I determine the fasted memory I can use for a computer? I have a server with an Intel Pentium E5800 that uses DDR3 RAM. Is the Front Side Bus (800Mhrz) the max frequency of RAM it can utilize?
>>
>>57379931
(m)annual purge, anon
>>
>>57379932
>server with pentium
Are you dumb, nigger?
Get outta my /g/
>>
>>57379940
Goddamnit
>>
>>57377889
For the operation, get just the next character, not the next string delimited by whitespace
>>
>>57379956
Where can I get a faster one for free like I got this one?
>>
>>57379932
Literally doesn't even matter.

Your motherboard/CPU will just clock it at a lower frequency if it's too high and you'll get less latency instead.
>>
File: 1472375742540.jpg (926KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
1472375742540.jpg
926KB, 2048x1367px
can test engineers (qa) slack? what's the workflow like. ...?
>>
>>57380077
So what is the highest frequency I can get?
>>
File: 1446699169930.jpg (18KB, 228x320px) Image search: [Google]
1446699169930.jpg
18KB, 228x320px
I've never done anything with RAID before. Can I create an exact clone of my HDD on an SSD and then delete the contents of the HDD afterwards? I basically want to move my install without changing anything or having to reinstall anything at all.
>>
>>57380108
It doesn't matter.

Check your CPU and your motherboard chipset.

Whichever has the lower frequency is the one you'll arrive at.
>>
So I have a monitor I want to run. GPU doesn't have VGA so I ordered a DVI to VGA adapter. Did this when hung over, so naturally I ordered DVI-D. From what I understand I can't use it without a signal converter. My GPU has DVI-I and DVI-D, any way I can make the DVI-D port act as the primary display? Using an ATi card (GCN gen 1) on Macroshit Wangblows 10. Didn't think the DVI-I port would work with the adapter since the monitor is analog.
>Inb4 Install Gentoo
Have to use Windows out of necessity.
>>
>>57380112
Use Norton Ghost 2003. Much less tedious then RAID in that case.
>>
>>57380162
> inb4ing your own post
Install Gentoo

Your fucking fault for being a retarded degenerate.

You should have gotten DVI-I, retard. VGA is analog, DVI-I is analog and digital compatible, and DVI-D is digital, you stupid fuck.

Just what the hell did you think those four extra pins were for?

Fucking return your shit.

What ports does your monitor have?
>>
>>57380373
You're a salty cunt. I specified that I did this whilst hungover. I work in tech and know the pins like the back of my hand. I'm getting old, and haven't gone that hard on the piss since I was young.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.