[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ I'm thinking of getting this on black Friday an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: new pc.png (82KB, 1171x633px) Image search: [Google]
new pc.png
82KB, 1171x633px
Hey /g/ I'm thinking of getting this on black Friday and hopefully get it for about $1,000
Do you think it's a good setup.
I want to run a triple monitor setup over display-port.
and then one HDMI TV on top and i have a DVI monitor by my bed to running the main desktop mirrored.
the 1070 says it only supports 4 displays .
will i be able to run 5 if one is just a copy of the main monitor?
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/j7g2r7
>>
>>57373084
At least add a 240gb SSD.
>>
File: d.png (156KB, 650x647px) Image search: [Google]
d.png
156KB, 650x647px
>>57373100
he hard drive is just for the computer i have now so i can sell it and keep my ssd from that

this picture is how i wanna run my monitors
>>
File: 20151114_141255-1.jpg (3MB, 1982x2523px) Image search: [Google]
20151114_141255-1.jpg
3MB, 1982x2523px
Also what do you guys think i could sell this for on craigslist
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wHFzZ8
its my old pc and i made some pretty bad choices putting it together like 4 years ago
I'm hoping to maybe get $500 and I'm gonna sell on the 25th of this month
>>
File: afsd.png (75KB, 1177x699px) Image search: [Google]
afsd.png
75KB, 1177x699px
>>57373467
>>
File: thumb-1920-234727.jpg (294KB, 1600x871px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1920-234727.jpg
294KB, 1600x871px
anyone got any advice on my build or how to get my 5 monitors running how i showed in the pic?
>>
>>57373084
It's like you purposely chose the most expensive parts.

I have a mid ATX case that costed only fifty dollars new. And it isn't shit.

I understand the allure of NVIDIA but you could have gotten something just as effective (in terms of VRAM) from AMD that's cheaper - namely the RX480.

I'm absolutely sure that you can get a cheaper that you can get a cheaper powersupply for the same effectiveness.
>>
>>57373648
if you think this is expencive you should look at what i was going to get untell i realized i dont have that much money to blow.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nfRQRG
i just went with things that had the most great reviews
and ive had my fair share of amd and i dont really want anymore of that
>>
>>57373728
Jeez
>>
>>57373783
should i get 2 480s if i can get them for 200$ each
im trying to run 5 monitors and idk if 1 will do that
>>
Participating in consumerist holidays is a degenerate activity
>>
I think i'm going to get 2 480s and not the 1070
but i'm not sure because the power saving of the 1070 might be needed.
does anyone know of a good 480 thats quiet and has good fans
>>
>>57374066
nvm the power draw is way too high on the 480 and it would get way to hot in my room
the temp in my town is normally 100f
and the power is expensive
>>
>>57373084
>70$ CPU cooler
>150$ Case

>1 TB HDD for 50$

Also the monitors you should be able to run just fine. Like they will turn on. Setting them up afterwards might be a bit gimmicky.
>>
>>57374401
i already said the hhd is for another compute that im selling and taking my ssd out of
and the cpu cooler and case ive wanted for a while and im not changing my mind
also thanks as long as i can somehow run these monitors even if its shity
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zsz2r7

i think this is what I'm going with after all
unless something else worth it goes on sale
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.