[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Apple's new Touch Bar: a breakthrough or commonsense?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: appbar.png (1001KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
appbar.png
1001KB, 1920x1080px
>Apple's new Touch Bar: a breakthrough or commonsense?
>The MacBook Pro's Touch Bar Solves a Nonexistent Problem
>Jony Ive: the Touch Bar is “just the beginning” of a new direction
>New MacBook Pro Hands-on: Touch Bar Isn't a Gimmick
>>
>>57368130
It exists because Apple outright said that touchscreens on laptops were retarded, were promptly proven wrong, had their own iPad pro before by the surface and needed to do something 'innovative' in the face of an industry that is fast leaving them behind without admitting they were completely wrong.

And I say this as a macfag
>>
>Solves a Nonexistent Problem
What's the problem?
>>
>>57368215
touchscreens on laptops ARE retarded

With that being said the touch bar is one thing that apple's done in the last 10 years that I think is actually kind of cool. If developers start including it in the design of their programs, we could see lots of kinda cool things with it, and it will clear up a decent chunk of on screen real estate. Like imagine if your tab bar, or options bar just didnt need to be on your browser and could instead be located on your keyboard?

I'll still never get a macbook, they're way too expensive, but this is kind of cool.
>>
>>57368246
Scrubbing through video in a way that removes your fingers from the mouse and your eyes from the screen. I always wished I could do it in this far slower and less intuitive way and thankfully Apple has solved the problem for me.
>>
>>57368305
I just realized the example I gave was retarded for a number of reasons, but if companies actually think about it and plan it out decently, and dont just shoehorn it in to put something on the bar, it could end up being quite useful
>>
File: 1465221049958.jpg (12KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1465221049958.jpg
12KB, 250x241px
>>57368130
My fucking side when that dj faggot get on the stage. If he did that on any touch screen PC or even an iPad it would be 100x times less painful to watch
>>
>>57368305
I can't believe you're evangelising that tiny bar that draws attention away from the screen over direct interaction with a specially designed version of the OS (which is what Apple would have done if they had gone touch screen) on a much larger, more accurate canvas with more points of contact and more space to manipulate.
>>
>>57368215
except a laptop run os x and an ipad only runs iOS
>>
>>57368544
And that's the problem. The iPad pro shouldn't have shipped with ios. It should have shipped with a modified version of OS X.
>>
>>57368377
That was the cringiest thing I've ever watched
>>
>>57368626
Agreed. I have no idea why Apple is pushing tablets as phone-companions instead of desktop-companions. Total mistake.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.