[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when Microsoft has a monopoly of the browser market, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: webkit.gif (26KB, 736x596px) Image search: [Google]
webkit.gif
26KB, 736x596px
>when Microsoft has a monopoly of the browser market, it's a shitstorm
>when Google has a monopoly of the browser market, it's okay

Why?
>>
>>57367409
bad goy
>>
>>57367409
Because Google doesn't try to hijack the web with proprietary shit like ActiveX or Silverlight or Flash, and just relies on open standards. 95% of the browser is even open source, and most of the remaining 5% are HTML5 DRM handling stuff + some botnet.
>>
>>57367409
Do you even read /g/?
>>
File: paybycheck.png (399KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
paybycheck.png
399KB, 420x420px
>>57367671
>webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio
>>
>>57367409
Google literally has infiltrated the US government. They don't just control the web, they control the narrative.
>>
>$YEAR.5
>>
At least google isn't an obvious patent troll.
>>
>>57367695
>-webkit-device-pixel-ratio is a non-standard boolean CSS media feature which is an alternative to the standard resolution media feature.
>>
>>57367409
Because IE was unusable dogshit all of those years and responsible for transmitting an absurd amount of malware.
>>
>>57368000

Microsoft isn't a patent troll. You don't know what a patent troll is if you think they are.

>>57368015

>what is EEE?
>>
>>57368033

>unusable
IE was pretty much responsible for Web 2.0, famalam.

>responsible for malware
Calm down, crackers are responsible for that. IE was just targeted because it was the most used browser.
>>
>>57368034
>Microsoft isn't a patent troll.

This is why they get much more money from android than their very own garbage os.
>>
IE was shipped standard on windows. With chrome you have to manually download and install it.
>>
>>57368100
>With chrome you have to manually download and install it.

That's really a stretch considering how many installers have it bundled.
>>
>>57368068

A patent troll doesn't make actual stuff. Microsoft does. It doesn't matter if their own garbage OS is less used than the competitor, they actually make it and market it, the patent isn't just for trolling purposes. Also, Android actually uses Microsoft's IP, so what they're doing is fair.
>>
>>57368100

Chrome comes standard on Android and Safari comes standard on macOS (Safari is a WebKit browser too, remember?)
>>
>>57367409
Its called an oligopoly you fuckin tard, 45% is not a monopoly
>>
>>57367409
Because google doesn't ship windows with chrome installed.
>>
>>57368123
> bundled

Which means you can choose not to install it. There was no choice with IE, not only was it there, it's basically wedged so deep into the codebase that they claim they can't remove it without breaking half the OS.
>>
>>57368278
Try removing Chrome from Android, you mouthbreathing nigger.
>>
Fuck, Google IDF out in full force today!
>>
>>57368248

It is an HTML engine monopoly though.
>>
>>57368293
Considering we are clearly talking about desktop browsers here (because android would come under that insignificant purple line down the bottom), perhaps it is you who should shut you fucking mouth..
>>
>>57368491
>most used operating system in the goddamn world
>would come under that insignificant purple line down the bottom
You're right, I'm shutting my fucking mouth. I'm done talking with you.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.