[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I emailed AOC asking why the Agon monitors they just came out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

I emailed AOC asking why the Agon monitors they just came out with lacked an IPS panel on the Freesync model and this was their reply.

'You’re close to the truth indeed.

There is no proper IPS model in the market with Freesync, because of the Freesync refresh limitation (90hz) that panel has.

If we did introduce one, we would face the same issues as the ASUS model. It wouldn’t work for its intended purpose.
What we did instead is introduce the feature with a TN panel. The colours of the TN have been improved and look close to an IPS. Of course the viewing angles are still limited.

Right now there is no IPS panel available, in combination with freesync 144 hz that works as intended.

We hope this sheds some light on the situation.

Kind regards,

AOC Europe'
>>
>>57367328
>he fell for the poojeetsync meme
buy g-sync if you want working shit
>>
>>57367328
What's wrong with tn? other than the viewing angles it does look pretty good these days.
>>
>>57367328

Nice of them to be honest about it.
>>
>>57367353
Coming from a 1920x1200 ISP display with high color gamut (HP2475w) it's disappointing what is on offer at present. BTW The high color gamut is something I really love about my display. I don't know if anything in TN can compete without putting one next to it though.
>>
>>57367391
Fair enough.
My tn laptop kinda sucks for color reproduction, especially when compared to my crt or ips screen.

But it's an older laptop and my friend has a newer Dell monitor that looks pretty good. It's tn though.

I recommend looking at a display model in a store, they're not as washed out as they used to be.
>>
>>57367328
>Try to tell /g/ g-sync is literally better from a mechanical stand point that free sync
>get memed on relentlessly
>this shit comes out
>90fps

O I am laffin
>>
TN panels are pretty much as good as IPS nowadays, save the angle limitation that is.
>>
Freesync is just AMD's utilization of a Displayport 1.2a+ feature, the fact that they can't get a panel to work with DP standards says more about the manufacturer than the technology
>>
>>57367328
VESA Adaptive-sync is just a communitactions protocol, and FreeSync is just the GPU-side timer logic to take advantage of it.

Scaler and monitor manufacturers are free to do whatever they want with the signal, and there's nothing stopping them from doing more signal processing like G-sync scalers, except being cheap Jews.

This is all stupid though since strobing (which can't be used simultateously with G-sync/FreeSync) is a vastly superior technology to variable sync anyway.
>>
AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
G-SYNC, IT JUSTS WORKS AT 120Hz/144Hz

ayymdpoojeetsync, doesn't work at 120Hz/144Hz
>>
sounds like a problem with the panel controller tbqf
>>
>he fell for the ayyymd meme
>>
This is why you ddont cheap out on AMDshit
>>
>>57367481
>g-sync is literally better from a mechanical stand point that free sync

Yes, because it includes a $150 piece of hardware to perform the same task. Of course it's better. Enjoying paying the premium for it.
>>
File: 1477979975496.jpg (16KB, 630x289px) Image search: [Google]
1477979975496.jpg
16KB, 630x289px
>>57367998
You can get a 144hz IPS Gsync panel right now if you wanted

meanwhile AyyMD Pajeetsync only goes up to 90hz

But keep trying to reconcile your buyer's remorse, AMDrone
>>
>>57367391

Idk man i work at a computer sale and repairshop and i sell tn panels all the time and just nod yes to any questions the consumer has like when they ask if its an IPS panel i just nod yes and never had any complaints/returns. albeit mostly its teens or 35 year olds buying them probably for gaming or forum circlejerking. if you turn up the saturation on a tn panel you can sell it to morons as a 99% gamut screen, laugh my ass off when idiots are like "wow these colours are gorgeous" when looking at our display models that we turn the saturation up on
>>
I once fell for the PooSync meme, monitor was advertised at 144hz IPS but couldnt go past 90hz. Color quality was also complete trash no matter how you calibrated it .
>>
>>57368035
I own a 980 Ti and a Dell U2414H. Keep projecting your retarded, /v/-tier fanboyism onto everybody else, chump.
>>
>>57368217
That doesnt prove the fact that Gsync is better wrong
>>
>>57367328
>amd
You fucking deserve it
>>
>>57368241
Does any good monitor support ULMB with G-Sync turned on though? Most make you turn it off.
>>
>>57368297
maybe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hj-GNztJfE
>>
The only good Freesync monitor out there right now is the Eizo Foris but you need to pay a hefty premium for it.
>>
>>57368297
ULMB with g sync would look like shit when frame drops happen. Gsync/freesync also induces lag which contradicts the entire point of ULMB.
>>
>>57368320
BTW the Eizo Foris has black light strobing and a physical button to switch between two Freesync ranges.

http://www.amazon.com/Eizo-FS2735-27-inch-High-end-Monitor/dp/B012TX6NK6
>>
>>57368346
>$1200

A Gsync ulmb 165hz monitor from Asus cost $550.
>>
>>57367654
I got a question for you about strobing. From a technical and performance standpoint, proper stroking on an lcd is God tier tech. Especially for high refresh rates. So why do I come across so many people batching about strobing screens? If you go to forums like blur busters they have entire threads dedicated to what displays utilize strobing, how well they do it, and even how to mod strobing into your own display.
>>
>>57368374
>stroking
I fucking corrected that and it still came out wrong. Strobing*
>>
Display technology is still shit. We have companies still trying to sell the same shitty LCD technology we have had for the last 30 years. OLED offers hope but right now they are aiming it squarely at AV enthusiasts. Meanwhile we coud have had a CRT like technology years (FED) ago but it was never pushed forward.
>>
>>57368374
>>57368402
(also, *bitching*, I assume?)

Strobing is a technology that just temporally accentuates what an LCD is displaying, so it makes pixel transition errors (ghosting/overshoot) and dropped frames much more noticeable, and even 120/144 Hz flicker can give some people eyestrain.

It's clearly a tech most sought after by people with pretty sharp vision, and you start to get into audiophile-esque prima donna territory with complaints about very subtle imperfections.
>>
>>57367328
https://www.asus.com/Monitors/MG279Q/
op wtf are u talking about ?
>144Hz refresh rate and AMD FreeSync™ technology for seamless visuals and smooth gameplay
>>
>>57368565
>he doesnt know
>>
I have a 1440p HP ZR2740W IPS display, 60Hz because I didn't fall for the memes

It's great at what it does, and doesn't include unnecessary FPGA's for goysync or doesn't come with some shitty TN panel for some unnoticeable refresh improvement.
>>
>>57368638
>Don't want anything higher than 60hz
>Can't actually get a 1440p IPS monitor that isn't 144hz without paying absurd shipping because local suppliers suck
Shit sucks. I'm gonna have to spend so much extra money on something I don't want.
>>
>>57368780
just get a korean 27" IPS 1440p for $200 or whatever
>>
>>57368808
I've been burned by buying cheap shit before, currently using a cheap asian monitor and it's got all sorts of issues, looks like shit after only two years. Rather get the reliability of a big brand, even if you do pay a premium for it.
>>
File: stupiddoggo.webm (3MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
stupiddoggo.webm
3MB, 640x640px
>This thread
>>
>>57368472
I thought strobing was to eliminate ghosting and such by actually disabling the backlight between frames. And yeah you assume correctly.
>>
>>57369016
I also have to agree with you on the audiophile tier shit, I catch myself doing it with a cheap high refresh display. But it really is one of those things that once you experience it, you can't go back.
>>
>>57368565
https://www.asus.com/Monitors/MG279Q/specifications/

>FreeSync™ technology supported (35Hz-90Hz)

POOJECTSYNC, IT SHOWS WHY SKIMPING ON QUALITY DOESN'T PAY
>>
>>57369016
>>57369051
Strobing does hide pixel transitions to an extent, but the bigger factor by far is that it prevents light patterns of "moving" objects (i.e., really a series of fixed images) from smearing across your retina as your eyes track across them in each frame.
>>
>>57367328
That $600 Asus ROG IPS Gsync monitor has some of the worst reviews of any monitor ever for over a year now.

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about IPS you have a problem.
>>
>>57367347
>
Gsync is worse though, it adds unnecessary extra hardware and also doesn't give you the option to turn off v-sync. Freesync is real variable refresh rate.
>>
Sorry to correct myself. The Eizo Foris Freesync is one of the few (if only) monitors to have black frame insertion for buttery smooth 24P movie content. I got confused with ULMB which is different.
>>
>>57367328
all IPS panels have limitations

My Freesync TN monitor does 1-144 hz no tearing whatsoever without requiring special magical Nvidia hardware.

Watch the Nvidia fangays use their reading comprehension skills to blame this on AMD.
>>
>>57369155
Yeah, my screen does that frame time to time at 120hz. Like my wallpaper will jitter back and forth. 112hz zero issues though actually feels like I get a lot less input lag that way, too. Should look up if there's a way to mod it for strobing. Thanks for the info anon.
>>
>>57369096
The Asus monitor has to be hacked to allow Freesync above 90 FPS. It can do it but it means you have to switch between profiles depending on the game you are playing. Again the Eizo Foris allows you to choose two different Freesync ranges using a physical button. This allows you to have a low FPS options for more demanding games and a high FPS option for those shitty 'e-sports' games.
>>
>>57369556
These are all old monitors your looking at.

Freesync always does 1-144hz with no gimmicks or profile switching.
>>
File: memesync.jpg (85KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
memesync.jpg
85KB, 600x403px
>AMD
>sync
>>
>>57369591
Not on IPS panels it doesn't. I don't want a shitty TN.
>>
File: freesync-or-gsync.png (50KB, 990x742px) Image search: [Google]
freesync-or-gsync.png
50KB, 990x742px
>>57367328
>
>>
>>57367494
>TN panels are pretty much as good as IPS nowadays, save the angle limitation that is.

So, still worthless then? Gotcha
>>
>>57369607
There are no IPS monitors with >60 hz that aren't terrible. Even the ones that cost a thousand dollars all have terrible reviews.

The tech just isn't there yet.
>>
>>57369606
>having the same features
>for hundreds of dollars less
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.