[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A new update to Sailfish OS. https://blog.jolla.com/fiskarsinjok i/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: jolla.jpg (62KB, 640x408px) Image search: [Google]
jolla.jpg
62KB, 640x408px
A new update to Sailfish OS.

https://blog.jolla.com/fiskarsinjoki/
>>
Dope.

Hypocritical /g/ will still ignore the only real Linux phone OS and continue to use their shitty spyware Java OS Android phones.
>>
>>57366641
I use ios :)
>>
>>57366641
There's also Ubuntu phone
>>
>>57366641
MemeOS.
>>
File: FSYIACn.jpg (239KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
FSYIACn.jpg
239KB, 700x525px
>>57366654
ubuntu is spyware, friend
>>
>>57366654
is that even active?
>>
>>57366568
But when is Jolla coming to Burgerland?
>>
is this java based like lagdroid?
>>
>>57366641
>implying android doesn't use linux
>implying Java is bad
>implying android uses the jvm

Anon you should choose another board
>>
Fuck Jolla, they fucking cheated the customers with their Jolla tablet.
>>
>>57366703
Nice meme
>>
>>57366744
No.
>>
>>57366568
>Fiskarsinjoki
what the actual fuck? did somebody faceroll the keyboard to come up with that name?
>>
>>57366568
>caring about this meme shit
>>
>>57367241
Please link me to a post on /his/
>>
>>57367235
It explains the name in like the second sentence, you gigantic gaping faghole.
>>
>>57367235
It's Finnish you stupid shartiemartie.
>>
>>57367253
What the fuck are you even on about?
>>
File: 1444373029443.jpg (204KB, 1908x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1444373029443.jpg
204KB, 1908x1073px
>turing phone
>>
>>57366568
where in germany can i buy a phone with sailfish os
>>
>>57368053
Most likely nowhere.
>>
>>57368053
better question is which phone you get is compatible
which should be a few i guess
>>
>>57367235

It's Fiskars' River in Phinnish
>>
Jolla are a fucking fraud, and now sell their licence to curryniggers oem. Just wait for a new Ubuntu Phone.
>>
>>57368280
what is required for a phone to be compatible
>>
>Proprietary UI
>Brings nothing new to the table
>Native apps are dogshit, and the android support is garbage and outdated (at least on the original Jolla)
>The only devices available are a spyware ridden curryphone and a phone older than Galaxy S III

There's a reason my Jolla is collecting dust in the shelf
>>
>>57369484
There are numerous newer, capable devices running SailfishOS.
https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris
>>
>>57370007
Those phones will not run android apps at all, due to AlienDalvik's licensing
>>
>>57370007

lol, my sony from 2011 can run it. sweet
>>
>systemd

into le trash it goes
>>
bumb
>>
There is a kid porting sailfish to moto g2, he has admited that he could do it by just asking on the sailfish porting irc every time he got stuck, so it might be easy if you have the time and willingnes to work.
>>
>>57366641
I will install Sailfish once it has dual SIM support.

.....so does it have dual SIM support now?
>>
Where can you even download Sailfish or find installation instructions?
All there seems to be are stale wiki pages that haven't been updated in half a year.

Maybe Jolla failed becasue they can't even build an informative website?
>>
>>57366568
>A new update to Sailfish OS.

Oh wow, hey. That's great! An OS no one can fucking use got an update!
>>
>>57366641
>wanting to have real apps
>>
>>57373778
>An OS no one can fucking use got an update!

I get this rerun of a fucking thought every time I see anything about Firefox, Ubuntu Touch or Sailfish.

""ok"" when will we actually be able to use it?

I've got a OP3 so... I guess four years from now lol.
>>
>>57366568
>>57366712
Is it possible to use one of these in the USA? I've read conflicting statements on whether its possible
>>
>>57366641
>ignoring technoligy

you mean vaporware? they're not selling neither tablets nor phones on their website, their price is 200 euros for phone not including vat or shipping for a severely underpowered device when comparing others in the same price range.
>>
>>57366712
>desktop apps on a mobile device

The only apps I'd need are communication ones, and those would only be available for ubuntu under their desktop format, so that phone is useless to me. What sort of desktop programs would be nice to carry around with you at all times?
>>
Kinda want to get one but the regular Jolla is so shitty specced and the jntrx aqua isnt available in Germany. Anyone knows where to get one ?
>>
>>57366641
Nope, I use SailfishOS
>>
File: oktoberfest pohjoiskoreassa.jpg (54KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
oktoberfest pohjoiskoreassa.jpg
54KB, 660x371px
>>57374535
Jolla works surprisingly well despite the specs. I might be one of the last three users and it is sad to see Sailfish dying and the potential flushed down the toilet. Used one from ebay?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.