[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of Libreboot besides >muh FLOSS? Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: libreboot_inside.jpg (128KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
libreboot_inside.jpg
128KB, 700x465px
What's the point of Libreboot besides >muh FLOSS? Is it really worth using old processors for?
>>
>>57358968
Well, if you're afriad of backdoors being built into your BIOS which would allow the NSA access to the government secrets stored on your hard drive that you pulled off of an i2p site, it's a pretty good idea.
>>
>wanting botnet in your bios
>>
File: 1473393427602.jpg (75KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473393427602.jpg
75KB, 720x720px
>>57358968
Site/git repo hijacked by a tranny, GNU is finding a new maintainer.

https://libreboot.org/gnu/
https://libreboot.org/gnu-insult/

Ignore Libreboot until shit blows over.
>>
>>57359450
Was going to ignore it anyway.
>>
>>57358968
>I can't read so you need to spoonfeed me
>>
>>57358968
narcissists with paranoia swear by them
>>
>>57359450

The project wasn't hijacked by a tranny. Francis (or whatever it's name is now) always maintained an iron grip on the git, which wasn't an issue until he went all SJW over some tranny bring fired from FSF.
>>
>>57361196

It's always amusing to me that people still insist that the US government (and others) aren't attempting to subvert every means of electronic communications available.
>>
>>57358968
Loving this libreboot X60
>>
File: 1373638600640.jpg (60KB, 446x405px) Image search: [Google]
1373638600640.jpg
60KB, 446x405px
>>57361287

Get a load of this guy.

Maybe someone should tell him about a guy called Snowden.
>>
>>57359450
Libreboot is just fake which commie-dictator Stallman substituted to make more money
Don't be fooled, use the original https://www.coreboot.org/
>>
>>57359450
>[...]people are demanding *evidence*[...]
>This is highly disappointing[...]

What
>>
>>57363415
>blobs in bios
no thanks
the whole point of using an alternate bios is to have it be as free as possible not to look like the most special snowflake
>>
>>57363450
Do not install them if you do not need it
Or you too stupid to do it yourself?
>>
>>57364490
why would I go through the trouble of digging through it myself when someone on Libreboot already deblobbed and made everything ready to flash? The stupid one is clearly the one that wastes time doing something complex that has already been done

Also, you don't seem to understand that nothing after 2008 can be blob free due to X86 cancer design choices
>>
>>57364523

The **00 series is from 2010. Even now, some newer chrome books are being deblobbed.
>>
>>57364749
there is no workaround for ME signature manifest signing check since it was implemented in 2008 so nothing on X86 is going to get completely deblobbed by the standards of a free system
>>
>>57364801

https://libreboot.org/docs/hcl/gm45_remove_me.html
>>
>>57364814
thanks for proving my point
https://libreboot.org/faq/#intelme
>>
>>57359450
never trust a tranny
>>
>>57364832

>Before version 6.0 (that is, on systems from 2008/2009 and earlier), the ME can be disabled by setting a couple of values in the SPI flash memory. The ME firmware can then be removed entirely from the flash memory space. libreboot does this on the Intel 4 Series systems that it supports, such as the Libreboot X200 and Libreboot T400.

Maybe you have your dates mixed up, but the **00 series came out in 2010 and it has ME disabled.
>>
>>57358968
this is the equivalent of vegan faggots telling you how good they are because they don't murder animals.
Fuck them, fuck every single stupid piece of shit that fell for the libreboot and all the FLOSS cult mentality, they are cancer and they are detrimental to anything good that can come out of that community.
Zealots need to get killed or die a lonesome death.
>>
>>57364886
is it perhaps the difference between disabled and completely removed from flash mem space? I thought everything past 6.0 had to be enabled to pass the signature check for booting

or maybe the **00 series is using ME 6.0 or earlier for some reason (this seems unlikely)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.