[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"We don't use the expression IRL. We don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: sundae.jpg (13KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
sundae.jpg
13KB, 470x313px
>"We don't use the expression IRL. We don't like that. We say AFK - Away From Keyboard. We think that the internet is for real."

What did he mean by this?
>>
He meant that a meeting/chat over the internet is also IRL, because well, it is in real life (just over the internet).

But if you meet in person, he uses the term AFK, to emphasize it happened not online, but AFK.

Stop being retarded, internet is RL. AFK is different than RL, it's a subset of RL.
>>
>>57352381
Or as I've recently taken to calling it, RL plus I
>>
>>57352326

When people posted 'AFK' on online multiplayer FPS I thought it meant 'A Free Kill' and always used to shoot them.

It's their own dumb fault for using ambiguous acronyms and expecting everyone else to know what it meant.
>>
>>57352381
This

>>57353081
>When people posted 'AFK' on online multiplayer FPS I thought it meant 'A Free Kill' and always used to shoot them.
lol milennials

>It's their own dumb fault for using ambiguous acronyms and expecting everyone else to know what it meant.
AFK is a well-established acronym with roots back to the early 90s when "everyone" used IRC.
>>
>>57353069
Kek
>>57353081
>It's their fault I don't know what simple acronyms mean!!!
>>
Was it autism?
>>
File: mfw-dog.jpg (34KB, 575x465px) Image search: [Google]
mfw-dog.jpg
34KB, 575x465px
>there are people ITT who unironically think that the internet is a meme and that you can say anything you want on it because it isn't real life

Is this why /pol/ exists?
>>
>>57353274
>you can say anything you want on it because it isn't real life

Name one reason this isn't true or shouldn't be true. Protip: You can't.
>>
>>57353081
>A Free Kill
You must be 18 to post in this site
>>
>>57352326
SWEDEN YES
>>
>>57352381
>le internet is srs bsnis guis meme
>>
>>57353286
Trump doesn't exist IRL because he is a twitter meme.

Check mate atheists.
>>
>>57353319
It is when people (the guy in pic) are getting jailed for using it """"wrong""""
>>
>>57353324
He's /transcended/.
He took his memes and made them real and then embodied them.
Even if you don't agree with his policies, you have to realize this guy has balls bigger than his buildings and that electing him is like putting a meme factory into the most meme government post. That's not to say that the rest of the government isn't a meme though.
>>
>>57353382
>memes are coming alive
How horrifying
>>
>>57353274
But my mom said it's not real life and people online can't be real friends
>>
File: 1467666841915[1].jpg (740KB, 1876x1528px) Image search: [Google]
1467666841915[1].jpg
740KB, 1876x1528px
>>57353408
It's been going on for a while.
>>
>>57353486
Praise Kek
>>
>>57353486
>killing yourself and 300 people for the sake of a meme
wtf i love the internet now
>>
>>57352326
The internet is still a part of real-life with real human beings. It's not like it's imaginary. I actually have no idea why IRL took off considering that it's this inaccurate.
>>
>>57353286
>words suddenly have less meaning because of the medium in which they're presented
>ideas have no significance

this wasn't even true before the internet was invented.
>>
>>57353644
They don't have less meaning but they have less consequences. Your obvious lack of critical thinking is the reason your peers never really accepted you as one of them and why your mother always secretly loved your sister more.
>>
I learnt I should hide my powerlevel.
Now it;s popular to show your powerlevel.
What went wrong?
>>
>>57353722
>but they have less consequences.
They obviously don't, people get fired from saying shit on facebook, people are convicted of hate crime for posting in commentary sections on news sites and people are getting jailed for sharing videos online.
>>
>>57353750
May I suggest the acquisition of a dictionary and looking up the words "less" and "zero" and trying to figure out the differences between them?
>>
>>57353778
>less
What government says that it's less illegal to post death threats and bomb threats online than over the phone, by mail or in person?
>>
>>57353799
Do the same with the words "consequences" and "laws" while you're at it.
>>
I just say "in meatspace".
>>
>>57353814
Saying shit on the internet will literally net you the same jail time as it would away from the internet. The other guy is right, this principle was true even before the internet existed. You could get arrested for writing and disseminating bomb threats on paper same as you would in person and same as you would now on the internet.

See: Mad Thad, numerous /b/-tards who get arrested from bomb pranks every year, etc.
>>
>>57353833
frag yourself
>>
>>57353859
I will find you, torture you and your family, brutally murder them and force feed them to you and then murder you as well. I will then find your closest living underage relative, rape and murder them, and shoot up their school.

I'm expecting this will have the same consequences for me as if I had said it to you in person, right?
>>
>>57353722
and you think that if you said that in person or over the phone or in written script I would take you more seriously?
>>
>>57353904
shock off
>>
>>57353913
>I'm expecting this will have the same consequences for me as if I had said it to you in person, right?
It has the exact same consequences, because you're the same beta weakling online as you are in real life. So saying it in person would have the exact same effect.
>>
>>57353919
Depending on the person I'd expect to be punched or yelled at, which is more consequence than what I got for saying it online, which is none.

>>57353933
Let's make an experiment, you go and tell that to someone in person, and then we compare the resulting consequences we got.
>>
File: 1342675934745.jpg (43KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1342675934745.jpg
43KB, 600x450px
>>57353933
>It has the exact same consequences, because you're the same beta weakling online as you are in real life. So saying it in person would have the exact same effect.
Holy shit, I did not expect to laugh this hard this early in the day. Thank you.
>>
>>57353957
>Let's make an experiment, you go and tell that to someone in person, and then we compare the resulting consequences we got.
You and I am not the same person. I'm pretty sure if you posted that statement on some blogger's comment section, you would get more or less the same reaction as if you said it in person.

Please try it out. Pick a random facebook friend, send him a private message (or write on his wall) that you will murder and torture him and his family, and see if you don't get the same reaction as if you said that to his face.
>>
>>57353750
And thats how you want it, is it?
>>
>>57354171
Yes, obviously.

The medium used for communicating your message does not somehow magically alter your message or make it less meaningful.
>>
>>57354167
So if I said that to you in person, you'd tell me to post the same thing on facebook or a blog? I somehow doubt it.
>>
>>57354198
No, my initial reaction wasn't to tell you to post it on facebook. That was the answer to your experiment proposal. My initial reaction was to dismiss you like the beta weakling you are, which I did now and which I would have done have you said it to my face.
>>
>>57353933
>It has the exact same consequences, because you're the same beta weakling online as you are in real life. So saying it in person would have the exact same effect.

beta faggots btfo again, gg /g/
>>
>>57353933
It should be illegal to burn someone this bad on the internet, Anonymous.
>>
>>57354332
So you're saying that as long as I'm a beta weakling I can say anything I want and get no consequences? Well I can't argue that logic.
>>
>>57354198
>tfw even anonymity can't hide your beta

Kid, just stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
File: Caitlyn-Jenner.jpg (264KB, 1000x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Caitlyn-Jenner.jpg
264KB, 1000x1078px
>>57353274
/pol/ exists because real life has become absurdist (see pic related for an example) and the denizens there bring a much needed dose of reality.
>>
>>57354415
Yes, because nobody takes you seriously.
>>
>>57354446
Good to know
>>
>>57353957
>>57354415
The only people who act out like this on the internet are the people who are routinely ignored everywhere else. They would obviously just continue ignoring you.
>>
>>57354444
Quads of truth
>>
>>57354444
Kek has spoken
>>
>>57354457
cry more
>>
>>57354506
You fucking rekt me man, I'm so anally devastated I will need some rectum surgery. I hope your sick burns on the internet were everything you expected them to be and more.
>>
>>57354526
Spoken like a true beta weakling.
>>
>>57354415
>So you're saying that as long as I'm a beta weakling I can say anything I want and get no consequences?
No. That's not what I'm saying.

What I am saying that it has the exact same consequence saying it online, over the phone or in person.
>>
File: pol3.webm (3MB, 1280x533px) Image search: [Google]
pol3.webm
3MB, 1280x533px
>>57354444
>/pol/
>much needed dose of reality
>>
How can the internet be real if electrons aren't real?
>>
>online voting makes your votes count less
>>
It means he doesn't understand metaphor. Consider a conversation between to strangers on the Internet. They don't know each other, and they likely never will. Though there really is another physical person on the other end of the conversation, if one person were to be replaced with a sufficiently advanced AI, it would make no difference to the other. The experience, in at least a metaphorical sense, is not real. Each person can say anything they wish about themselves, and it would be difficult if not impossible to verify what is and is not real. They may say whatever they wish about the other, and they cannot really suffer any consequences other than the lack of a speaking partner. This all changes when they meet in REAL life, where everything they say has a REAL consequence.

In any case, people take what others say on the Internet way too seriously these days.
>>
>>57355110
>It means he doesn't understand metaphor
Well he is a giant aspie, so...

>Though there really is another physical person on the other end of the conversation, if one person were to be replaced with a sufficiently advanced AI, it would make no difference to the other. The experience, in at least a metaphorical sense, is not real. Each person can say anything they wish about themselves, and it would be difficult if not impossible to verify what is and is not real. They may say whatever they wish about the other, and they cannot really suffer any consequences other than the lack of a speaking partner. This all changes when they meet in REAL life, where everything they say has a REAL consequence.
Muh turing test
>>
>>57355110
You're the only person in this thread that doesn't appear to be mentally challenged.
If only you weren't a stupid cock sucking attention whoring tripfag I might even respect you.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.