[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if you opened an uncompressed image file as raw data in audacity,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

if you opened an uncompressed image file as raw data in audacity, and
recorded it onto a cassette, and then slowed the deck down to half speed
and recorded it back to an image, would the image be scaled up 2x?
because you'd have two bits for every one you put on the tape? and
wouldnt the scaling interpolation be better than digital?
>>
dumb makiposter
>>
>>57349439
This.

Also, go the fuck to sleep.
>>
File: 053_S2Ep2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
053_S2Ep2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>57349414
An excellent question as expected of Maki, who is my wife.
>>
Wtf is wrong with you OP?
>>
>>57349448
>go the fuck to sleep
dumb burgerposter
>>
>>57349414
you dont need to record it onto a cassette to slow it down to half speed
>>
>>57349414
>would the image be scaled up 2x
yes

there'll be lots of degradation added though, the image would likely have some kind of "shimmering" effect, due to the inconsistent timing of cassette players

there are more advanced digital algorithms available for scaling that will do a better job
>>
>>57349507
if you slow it down in audacity it will be digital scaling. look at an optical enlargement vs a scaled jpeg sometime
>>
>>57349465
Miku a shit
>>
mumb dakiposter
>>
>>57349414
>>57349585
slowing down the writing of data to casset is so you maintain a clear image, not size of image.
>>
>>57349414
would this actually work with some uncompressed format by chopping the headers or something? anybody has tried it ever?
>>
This is fucking bait but here goes.

You'd get garbage back, since fucking nothing would make sense computer-wise.
You can't just "double every bit" to increase an image, since you'd be changing other parameters, like what kind of file it is, how to read it and how long it is.

>>57349966
Wouldn't work, even when keeping the header intact the header will refer to a different file (length wise) and even if you could change the you'd get all positions and colors jumbled up (since you're going from whatever-bit color to x2 that).
And even if you could further edit it to be able to read "double files" you'd still only get the original, since you have not actually created any new information.

>>57349612
If you slow it down in audacity you'll only decrease the bit rate (file read speed), also if you try to optically increase a printed jpeg you'd still only get a scaled jpeg (bigger squares rather than more pixels making out more details).
>>
>>57349612
>>57350726
If you don't use audacity like a fucking pleb you get many ways to slow down audio.
And I have done this before quite often, using different encodings you can get different images, sometimes you get portions of blown up image and most of the time you just get multiple images of discontinuity
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.