[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it retarded to buy a GTX 1080 today? I just want to max out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: msi sea hawk 1080.png (574KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
msi sea hawk 1080.png
574KB, 1024x819px
Is it retarded to buy a GTX 1080 today?

I just want to max out witcher with hairworks and shit but it's so expensive ;_;
>>
I hear there's a sale coming up on EVGA 1080s
>>
>>57349229
If that was real I'd go for it

I can stuff in a thermal pad myself if need be
>>
>>57349188
best way to burn down your house
>>
>>57349268
#yolo
>>
Black Friday? Why today?
>>
a 1060 will do that at 1080p
>>
>>57350950
1050ti will do that too at 30fps
>>
>>57349268
Someone should shop the 'BFD' on the back of their jackets into 'AMD'
>>
>>57349791
I'm not sure if I'll get a good deal then

I'm not in the US
>>
>>57350950
>current year
>1080p gaming
>>
>>57351154
Neither am I. Live in Europe, but I'd wait until Black Friday or Christmas.

Only reason I bought a GTX 1070 was because of Gears of War 4, which was just enough of an incentive to get me to cough up the cash.

Though, in your case, wait and see instead? Buying stuff full price in 2016 feels, to me, like getting slightly ripped off. Anyhow, if you concluded it's worth and won't regret, then most likely it is so, I'd say.
>>
1: what resolution? how many monitors? are you willing to buy a 1440p or 4k monitor?

2: Why aren't you buying the next real generation of cards (the recent 1000 line and 400 line from nv and amd are NOT next gen) with HBM2?

3: y dont you go back 2 fuckin /v/
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
>>57349188
> year of our lord 1042+974
>buying housefires
>>
>>57352241
>what resolution? how many monitors? are you willing to buy a 1440p or 4k monitor?
I have a 2560x1440 monitor already
>Why aren't you buying the next real generation of cards (the recent 1000 line and 400 line from nv and amd are NOT next gen) with HBM2?
I need CUDA for my work so unfortunately I can't go AMD this time (though I was very happy with my CF 7970's for 4+ years). Why don't I wait more for the new nVidias/price drop? Well I could, but I have two months virtually free and it'd be nice if I had a nice card now rather than when I'll be busy

>>57351348
I don't see worthwhile deals in UK generally but maybe I haven't been looking
>>
>>57351236
>any year
>gay men hobbie
Kys you're self
>>
>>57352309
Didn't say anything about worthwhile deals, if we exclude the GoW4 part.

Deals where I live are overpriced to the max.

What I intended to convey was if you want to get one, get it for a reasonable price, expect slight discounts, come Black Friday or Christmas.
>>
>>57352371
Best I can find is Palit (3-slot cooler) for £589, or no-name + blower cooler for £559

Would rather get closer to £500 but I don't know if it'll happen
>>
If you're running 1440p, I don't see a reason to exceed a 1070.
>>
Just wait another 3 years to buy a card
>>
The 1080 is a really powerful card. The Ti isn't likely to come out for a while since AMD's high end cards currently don't exist.
Just don't buy EVGA.
>>
>>57352578
Witcher 3 chokes with hairworks + max settings on 1440p already if you have a 1070

It does have a better price/performance ratio but it seems like a hair short for 1440p gaming
>>
>>57352587
I waited 4. 7970 CF was a good investment.
>>
Just get an rx480 or 1060 and be done with it
>>
>>57352571
End of the day, it's your call; you haven't really provided us with enough information, so it's difficult to say what's best.

Ideally, in my opinion, I'd patiently wait for Black Friday, while checking prices everyday.

Since you mentioned Palit, I actually bought one from that brand, and I most say, for what I got, it's pretty sweet.

Aspects of Palit GTX 1070 I can come to think of quick:

Pros:

more affordable compared to something as Asus or MSI

dual fans are quiet (granted, I sold my blower style fan, and that thing ran loud)

customizable LED lights, though limited to some extent

backplate, if that's your thing, too.

Cons:

garbage-ass software, which is required if you wish to customize LED (default color: green)

Thing is heavy for a graphics card, and it's large as well
>>
>>57349188
>So what is your reason for purchasing this 800$ luxury piece of technology?
>I want hair to move slightly less unrealistically in my video games
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.