[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Don't want to use Windows daily >Windows 10 sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: pepe sky.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pepe sky.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>Don't want to use Windows daily
>Windows 10 sucks at dual booting
>Can't run games or some programs through virtualization

Is the only solution having two computers? One laptop with dock and one desktop?
>>
>>57337852

yes
>>
>>57337852
No and no.
>>
>Windows 10 sucks at dual booting
what?
>>
>>Windows 10 sucks at dual booting
Your doing it wrong
>>
>>57337852
>>Windows 10 sucks at dual booting
I am running mint/7/10 right now in triple booting.
>>
>>57337869
>>57337902
Secure Boot and Bitlocker won't work with dual booting.
>>
>>57337922
Disable those things
>>
Windows host and a linux guest
>>
>>57337852
>Is the only solution having two computers?

Autism medication is cheaper and effective in the long-run. A clean install of Windows 10 using ISO and digital activation will never fuck your system. Just remove unwanted apps and defrag your PC 1 time. Use any AV to protect yourself from torrents and malware, you are set.

People who end up with slow and infected computers did something to deserve such a fate. No sympathy for them.
>>
>>57337946
>Autism medication is cheaper and effective in the long-run.
It's addictive with adverse effects, so no it's not cheaper.
>>
>>57337922
>Bitlocker
are you fucking for real?
why? It's confirmed by microsoft itself that it sends your encryption keys to their servers for "backup".
>>
>>57337852
Holy fuck, why is every /v/ermin so braindead?

Have you ever thought about putting more than one harddrive in your computer and keeping separate OS installations on them?
>>
File: 78689795.jpg (768KB, 728x1032px) Image search: [Google]
78689795.jpg
768KB, 728x1032px
>>57337852
>Is the only solution having two computers?
No, just have windows in a VM.

>Can't run games or some programs through virtualization
Like what? Name a windows application that doesn't work on top of QEMU-KVM with a PCIe passthrough setup for the GPU.
>>
>>57338013
>Name a windows application that doesn't work on top of QEMU-KVM with a PCIe passthrough

>implying everyone has two dedicated GPU's
>implying most people don't use laptops for gaming
>implying a normal person has the knowledge and capability to setup a GPU passthrough

People have shit to do. It is easier to have Windows take care of everything so you can use your 1-2hrs free time for gaming and go back to work and family.
>>
>>57338037
Oh christ so passthrough does take two cards. What a fucking hassle.

And you want two different ones, right? On top of that, would they need to be similar speeds? Would the slow one pass through to the faster, or vice versa?
>>
>>57338052
I have no idea but my autism never peaked to the point I would consider a passthrough. I just dual boot Windows when I was testing Linux.
>>
>>57338037
>>implying everyone has two dedicated GPU's
But they do Anon, most modern machines have both an iGPU and a dGPU. The host's GPU can be integrated.

>>implying a normal person has the knowledge and capability to setup a GPU passthrough
It takes literally half and hour or so depending on distro now. You just add a line to the kernel commandline and tweak some config files and you're good to go.

>>57338052
No, they don't need to be similar speeds. One can be the integrated graphics already on the CPU. One GPU is given to linux and one to windows. You probably want to give the dGPU to windows and the iGPU to linux.
>>
>>57338052
you can do it with just 1 card + your integrated shit
most people just have a cheap pre-upgrade gpu lying around so they use it instead
>>
>>57338013
Can't run AAA title games through a VM because of overheads and latency.

Don't have two GPUs to do PCIe passthrough.

Does Maya 3D work?
>>
>>57337852
having two computers is great.

I run linux on my laptop for working and general computing and have a desktop only for gaming.

It helps to be more productive, I remember being stress out at work and seeing that juicy steam icon, it was painful.
>>
>>57338131
>Can't run AAA title games through a VM because of overheads and latency.
Every AAA game I've tested has the same FPS and frametimes within the margin of error.

>Don't have two GPUs to do PCIe passthrough.
Your CPU doesn't have an iGPU?

>Does Maya 3D work?
Of course.
>>
>>57337852
What do you mean it sucks with dual booting? I currently have Windows 10 installed on one drive and an Arch Linux install on the other. The Arch drive is the boot device and through grub I'm able to choose windows boot manager and start windows
>>
>>57338148
I'm considering this.

>It helps to be more productive, I remember being stress out at work and seeing that juicy steam icon, it was painful.
ayy

Rate my Windows build
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/JDdhjc
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.